Child support while in jail - Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support while in jail - Pennsylvania

My stbx husband and I are in the settlement process of our divorce. He is now in jail for 3 DUI's, a few other charges and held over for trail for arson charges, (setting my house on fire). When settlement is over, he should walk away with a significant sum of money, which will no doubt sit collecting interest since he is incarcerated.

I was wondering, if he is able to get into an in-house work program at the prison, would I be able to collect child support based on what he makes there and the interest he is making on the cash sitting in the bank?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you.

Yes if he is let out on work release or any other form of work while he is in jail and getting a paycheck..... You may be able to recieve some of the money owed to you..

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X