Drug Test/ Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug Test/ Florida

Back in July when my hubby won custody of his daughter, he asked that the mother be drug tested using a hair drug test. Well she passed it but we knew she was doing drugs. Well we were just told by her family member that she bleached her hair to pass it and she is still on drugs. Is this something we should even worry about as far as pursuing or is it just a lost cause. Yes we do worry about the safety of the child. Also if yes we should do something, where do we begin. We cant afford our lawyer again.

Originally posted by Michelle523 View Post
    Back in July when my hubby won custody of his daughter, he asked that the mother be drug tested using a hair drug test. Well she passed it but we knew she was doing drugs. Well we were just told by her family member that she bleached her hair to pass it and she is still on drugs. Is this something we should even worry about as far as pursuing or is it just a lost cause. Yes we do worry about the safety of the child. Also if yes we should do something, where do we begin. We cant afford our lawyer again.
    You cannot "bleach out" drugs. If she passed the test, then she was clean at the time. Drugs are inside the hair shaft, not on it.

Comment

Legally there is no we. This is your husbands custody matter and you are really coming across as "overstepping". Just a warning for when your husband gets to court.
      Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Baystategirl View Post
        Legally there is no we. This is your husbands custody matter and you are really coming across as "overstepping". Just a warning for when your husband gets to court.
        Bay, I know that alot of posters do overstep, but this is a case that I personally know real well. The OP is very good about knowing her bounds and is trying real hard to help her husband and step child.

Comment

Unfortunately the Judge gave too much advance notice so "A" was able to stay away from the drugs just long enough to pass the test. All you can do now is watch what happens real carefully and if "A" shows up exhibiting possible signs of being high, "C" can call the police right away.

By the way, I thought about you last night. Yesterday was my and hubby's 8th anniversary so I rode along with him to make a delivery- in Jacksonville. We went to the southeren end of Jacksonville, at 12 AM though.

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
            Bay, I know that alot of posters do overstep, but this is a case that I personally know real well. The OP is very good about knowing her bounds and is trying real hard to help her husband and step child.
            Okay...Just thought I would point it out cause of all the "we" and "our"...

BTW: How is everything going with you??
            Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Bay

Comment

No Offense, but everytime I come on here I get that same response. Thanks Xena, we do know for a fact that she is doing drugs, I really need to tell you something thats pretty important about her. So I will PM you later.
              Everything is about the same over here, we keep getting a hard time from her as usual. She still has no job, but I will explain about the other topics on the other posts.
              To me there is a we, I was in the picture before she was born, I accepted her into my home, I pay all the bills, I take her to the Dr., I buy all her Xmas presents, and all without the help of her "Mother"...
              Plus we already went to court and we won together. The judge didnt care about me helping and being in the picture. I have been there all along and always will... I love my husband and especially his daughter.

Comment

No Offense, but everytime I come on here I get that same response. Thanks Xena, we do know for a fact that she is doing drugs, I really need to tell you something thats pretty important about her. So I will PM you later.
                Everything is about the same over here, we keep getting a hard time from her as usual. She still has no job, but I will explain about the other topics on the other posts.
                To me there is a we, I was in the picture before she was born, I accepted her into my home, I pay all the bills, I take her to the Dr., I buy all her Xmas presents, and all without the help of her "Mother"...
                Plus we already went to court and we won together. The judge didnt care about me helping and being in the picture. I have been there all along and always will... I love my husband and especially his daughter.
                Michelle,

I totally get that. I actually have mediation TODAY over visitation with my son and his biological father. My husband is a part of this, even if the case does not have his name on it.

We just want to make sure that when you get to court, you are prepared for the possibility that you may be ignored, even though you are a part of the child's life, just because there are legal boundaries. But it appears you already know that! And I have to tell you, I am reading your last post as saying that the judge WAS interested in what you had to say, and I find it especially encourageing since I am heading that way today.

Unfortunately, she couldn't have bleached the drugs out of her hair, but she very well could have stayed away just long enough to pass the test. I would think you could request another test if you have cause. What do you have as "proof" that she is doing drugs, other than the word of a few family members? I assume you are documenting everything.

Comment

Well I Didnt Go Into Mediation, But As Long As We Have The Proof, He Wanted To Hear It, (during Court). You Know How The Law Works. Lol. To Be Honest I Have Heard Of Someone Else Using Bleach To Pass A Test, But I Never Believed It Til I Heard It Again. But Im Sure She Did Stay Away But She Is One Of Those People Who Does Drugs In Spurts. We Do Document Everything. We Are Workng On Some Things For Proof But As Of This Second, Nothing But Hearsay And Yes I Know Thats Not Enough Right Now.

Comment

I've always heard of them shaving their head and staying clean just long enough that the new growth would be clean.

I've been told that my long hair would be able to tell my whole medical history for the past 15 years - the last time I cut it.

Comment

Well I Didnt Go Into Mediation, But As Long As We Have The Proof, He Wanted To Hear It, (during Court). You Know How The Law Works. Lol. To Be Honest I Have Heard Of Someone Else Using Bleach To Pass A Test, But I Never Believed It Til I Heard It Again. But Im Sure She Did Stay Away But She Is One Of Those People Who Does Drugs In Spurts. We Do Document Everything. We Are Workng On Some Things For Proof But As Of This Second, Nothing But Hearsay And Yes I Know Thats Not Enough Right Now.
                      My husband will not be in mediation, but he will be there waiting patiently for me to be through.

Bleach and hair dye will not effect the hair test. Bleach will effect a urine test, but not hair. There have been some cases where bleaching has slightly altered the result, but never to the point that it would eliminate any trace of drug use. And the drug testing company themselves will actually clean the hair to make sure they are only getting a sample from the inside, not the outside.

Are you due in court again sor another status? I would request another drug test at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Baystategirl View Post
                        BTW: How is everything going with you??
                        Things are going pretty good. The bad thing is that the holidays always bring on a depressive episode, I burst into tears at the drop of a hat, but my hubby and family are real supportive. This is when I just keep reminding myself of this saying- "this too, shall pass". It works every time.

My son is doing great, he got his GED, at the top of the class, and he'll be released in about 2 years. Then he can finally get away from FL for good, hopefully.

My daughter just found out last week that she's having a girl, I'm so happy, this is perfect, I'll have a grandson and a granddaughter. This means that I get to start buying little frilly dresses like she wore as a child. Grandma's gonna have alot of fun shopping.

Hope your holidays are going good, even with all the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
                          Things are going pretty good. The bad thing is that the holidays always bring on a depressive episode, I burst into tears at the drop of a hat, but my hubby and family are real supportive. This is when I just keep reminding myself of this saying- "this too, shall pass". It works every time.

My son is doing great, he got his GED, at the top of the class, and he'll be released in about 2 years. Then he can finally get away from FL for good, hopefully.

My daughter just found out last week that she's having a girl, I'm so happy, this is perfect, I'll have a grandson and a granddaughter. This means that I get to start buying little frilly dresses like she wore as a child. Grandma's gonna have alot of fun shopping.

Hope your holidays are going good, even with all the snow.

Congrats on your lil' g-daughter and tell you son good job!! Do you think he will go to college?

Old Navy has some wicked cute baby stuff...I used to get lil'bay clothing there...too cute!!

We are having a white Christmas for the first time in years...right now it's snowing again on top of 2 feet we have had over the last week....

Bay

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                          Working...
                          X