Child support payments California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support payments California

A child support order has been in effect for my two children since 04. The court order states that NCP is to pay me directly half on the first of the month and half on the 15th. NCP is constantly late with these obligations. I have been patient with him but I'm getting to the point of frustration.

This month for example, I requested for him to pay half on the first and he did not. This weekend, when I went to drop off my daughter for his visitation, he told me that he didn't have the money, yet he was having a party because his baseball team made the playoffs. How could he have money to throw a party but not have money for his child support obligations?? I am really furious and I would like to know if there is something I can do for him to pay on time? Not only is the CS amount so low but him not paying it on time is an inconvenience to us. He is an independent contractor so I can't request wage assignment. Can he be held in contempt for constantly being late?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X