Question about minors dating adults Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about minors dating adults Pennsylvania

So my SD who we have custody of has a 15 year old sister who is not only dating but spending multiple nights with her 19 year old boyfriend. We feel this is crazy and don't want this influancing SD. SD's 14 year old cousin has also given birth recently and her pregnancy was the result of SD's Aunt allowing her daughter to have sex within the home. UGH. My husband wants me to report the relationship with the 15 year old and 19 year old but I have no idea who to call. Any advice???
    Not an expert just stating what I know from experience and or moral standings

Originally posted by stepmom33 View Post
    So my SD who we have custody of has a 15 year old sister who is not only dating but spending multiple nights with her 19 year old boyfriend. We feel this is crazy and don't want this influancing SD. SD's 14 year old cousin has also given birth recently and her pregnancy was the result of SD's Aunt allowing her daughter to have sex within the home. UGH. My husband wants me to report the relationship with the 15 year old and 19 year old but I have no idea who to call. Any advice???
    How do you know this to be true and why isn't Dad reporting this himself?
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Baystategirl View Post
      How do you know this to be true and why isn't Dad reporting this himself?
      I know this to be true by the pictures and messages on myspace. And from the things that my SD tells us after being at her mom's for visitation. I can't answer why her Dad isn't reporting it you would need to find out who and where he is first. She is my SD's sister not my husbands daughter. My husband would do it if he wasn't bustin his tail working 6 tens a week. But I really don't think thats your concern.

Last edited by stepmom33; 08-07-2007, 04:01 AM.

Comment

It was a legitimate question...the exact same question I had. Is your husband capable of picking up the phone? If it is such a concern, why have NEITHER of you (or anybody else that is aware of the situation) reported any of this before.

Call CPS in the mother/child's county. You can file a report with the police. Don't expect miracles, though. As sad as it is to say this...the situation you describe is not exactly going to be viewed as the most pressing matter to them.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Honestly guys thanks for the input but what diff does it really make who calls?? This site is for legal advice not to discuss with you guys that no my husband cannot pick up a phone when he is at his job. He doesn't work in front of a desk. And why is he being put under the scope? He busts his butt 60 hours a week working for a company that tears out old coke ovens(in a working mill) and rebuilds them in very high temps. Our main concern is how this influences my SD. We just found out about it when my SD's sister called here the other day and told her that when she(SD's sister) turns 16 next year that she is getting immancipated and that she was going to get custody of SD and they can live together. Then I started digging around myspace. We did inform SD's councelor. I don't know why everyone else is not concerned. I do know that SD Mom takes her over his house b/c I seen her driving there a couple days ago. We are and that is what matters. The county that her Mom lives in does not have a CYS website. The only listed in the phone book is a 800 number for child abuse. I am waiting for a return call from my cousin who is a cop but on vacation. So since you guys helped me with advice in the past I figured I would get your input on the situation. Oh and SD was at her Mom's from 9-6 yesterday and today we find pics on myspace of SD, SD sister, and 2 neighbors with knives on each other. Still waiting to hear from our lawyer concerning this. CYS does not like getting calls from ex's anyway. They very rarely take them seriously. I know this for a fact when we contacted them 4 years ago concerning SD. When they blew us off we contacted our Senator who wrote a letter to the head of that counties CYS and still nothing.
          Last edited by stepmom33; 08-07-2007, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Oh and as far as SD's cousin is concerned we did not find out about that until a friend of my daughters mom told me that she seen the cousin in Wal-mart. You see my SD is taught not to share these things with us and we usually find out from someone else and then ask her. The baby was born 2 or 3 days after we found out.

Comment

The contact CPS or the cops. You don't have to wait for your friend to get back in town. See where I am going with this? If you were truly concerned for the welfare of the children (not just what influence they may have on your SD....that's pretty dang selfish, ya' know?) you would be sitting at the police station and telling every cop you could find what is going on.

It sounds like YOU have issues with worrying about having influence on you SD and have been pushing this issue with your husband. He finally said, "fine. If you want to do something, YOU report it. I'm going to work."

Nobody is saying that you shouldn't report any illegal or harmful activity. We are saying that if you or your husband were so concerned, you would already have reported this and THEN been asking us, "I reported.....now what?"
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

Comment

Thanks...

Comment

Well just wanted to let you know that we reported it to the police and it was also discussed at a modification conference in November. And when we go for the Modification hearing January 18th it will probably be discussed again. Only this time it will be discussed with the addition that the 15year old is now pregnant. For the record I was never being selfish. My cousin is a cop in my community. I wanted to discuss it with him first because I was unsure what the ages were as far as this situation is concerned. It didn't seem to matter about my concerns anyway as you can tell by the first two sentences here. And now the thing I feared the most has happened. And now I am helping my SD deal with the fact that her not so older sister is about to be a mother.
                  Last edited by stepmom33; 01-02-2008, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Were there any charges pressed against "daddy"?
                    Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

No, no charges pressed. No one seems to care, but us.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X