Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

How do I get a bench warrant issued? Washington

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do I get a bench warrant issued? Washington

    Okay, I am completely new to posting threads, so if I am not doing something right, please feel free to educate me.
    Here's the deal - my ex owes over $25K, refuses to work, was in drug court so they wouldn't pursue child support at all (they said it was a conflict of interest). I fought the system on that, and after a year, they finally started the contempt proceedings up again. (by the way, if anyone wants advice on that, I can help) He was told to pay regular monthly support by Christmas, which of course, he didn't. The court sent me paperwork stating that if he did not pay on time they would issue a bench warrant for his arrest. To date, no warrant has been issued. Who do you call or write to get the Sherriff's dept. to issue said warrant? Is it even the sherriff's jurisdiction? The only time I ever receive a payment is when he is threatened with jail time. Any ideas?

  • #2
    in some statesthey don't just go and pick people up for bench warrents, at least here in michigan they do not do that. They told me that the only way they go after a bench warrent is if this person is driving and gets pulled over, or if they do something really bad.


    • #3
      They won't just pick up here in Washington either. The problem is that they said they would issue a warrant, but haven't yet. He is due in court montly because of the drug charges, and also in Feb. for contempt. If they would issue a warrant, then they'll put him in jail during drug court ( he has to go every month)


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.