Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

DA dismisses child support????? AL Tennessee

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DA dismisses child support????? AL Tennessee

    Okay- I am really confused. Basics. Husband is CP and has been for 9 years. Mom has never paid CS. We are in TN, original order in AL. We filed with CS in TN to try to get them to go after mom for CS. They opened case cause at 1 time daughter on state ins when my hubby did not have ins offered. Mom's parents call last night and read us a letter that the mom got from the DA in TN that says all of her balances are $0.00. No arrears, no medical, no interest - all $0.00. Now mom is saying she doesn't have to pay CS cause TN wiped it clean- how in the world can they do that - this woman is 30k past in CS and probably another 15k past in medical as our daughter is diabetic and has high med bills. They say she turned it over to lawyer and TN wiped it clean cause dad was supposed to hold ins so they won't hold mom responsible for the state aid. I can understand them saying she doesn't owe the state of TN anything- but not to owe anyone anything?
    Our CS worker is impossible to get hold of- I have been trying for 3 months and all I get is voice mail- it is crazy and they are terribly rude. Any ideas how I can find out what is going on?

  • #2
    Call your case worker and ask to speak to his or her supervisor. If you do not get anywhere doing that call every couple of hours untill someone will help you... Her in Michigan my case worker was the same way untill I called about 3 times a day somebody fianlly helped me and my problem was solved within a weeks time.. As far as mom owing nothing, I find that hard to believe, there is no way if it is owed to the state, that the balance was 0


    • #3
      I agree.

      Don't believe everything you hear from the other party in a legal proceeding... especially without proof.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

      I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

      Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.


      • #4
        more info

        the DA is in charge of prosecuting child support in TN (if the child has ever been on state support). I found out from a very nice lady in CS that they have not figured an amount owed yet because the case was just opened. Once they have both meetings with my hubby and his ex and go over all the documentation, then they will issue a new letter with all the amounts filled in. that letter is just a form letter sent out to let you know the case has been opened and the case number. They informed me that the only person who can dismiss arrearages is the parent receiving it (and then they can only dismiss anything not owed to the state). so, seems like she's not going to be getting a job once she finds out she will still owe CS


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.