Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MomofBoys
    replied
    It is a mean thing to do, but I think that unless it is specifically in their agreement that she provide clothes, then she does not have to (just like she wouldn't send them with food or even spending money).

I certainly am not sticking up for her, but in my experience, when I would send my son to see his dad, the dad would often return him WITHOUT the things I had sent him with. Needless to say, I would later realize that I had to go to the store to pick up a pair of pants here and a blanket there and even bottles, because he decided they should belong at HIS house (rather than buying them himself).

As I said, not sticking up for her, but she's probably thinking, "I provide their stuff here, he should do it there." It's childish, but legal.

Leave a comment:

• just_me1960
    replied
    Sorry, yes it was their dad who picked them up.
    So a stop at the mall and everyone will be happy.
    I just cant believe someone could do that.....

Leave a comment:

• MomofBoys
    replied
    Originally posted by just_me1960 View Post
    Can a parent send children for a court ordered visitation with only the clothes on their back...This is for a one week visitation.
    The clothes she sent them in was p.j's for an 800 mile drive.
    To me as a mother of 4 this is a horrible thing to do to your kids, but is it illegal?
    Who drove them the 800 miles? I am assuming these are your husband's children... did he pick them up?

I don't think there is anything illegal about it.

Leave a comment:

• just_me1960
    started a topic no clothes for children Florida

no clothes for children Florida

Can a parent send children for a court ordered visitation with only the clothes on their back...This is for a one week visitation.
    The clothes she sent them in was p.j's for an 800 mile drive.
    To me as a mother of 4 this is a horrible thing to do to your kids, but is it illegal?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X