Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back child support Michigan

hi,

I have a child support order that was issued in the state of florida. the absent parent resides in the state of michigan (michigan being the governing state). we were divorced in 1986 and he was ordered to pay $65.00 a week for 2 children. he has paid periodically. he is currently in the arrears in mc comb county michigan for $14,400.00. my children are currently 23 & 21. periodically i have to contact the "mc comb county friend of the court" and request that a show cause order be sent to find out why he's not paying. and as alot of you already know that takes time. i have struggled to raise my children and all i want is what is legally and morally mine. does any one have any ideas on how i can go about collecting without it costing me a fortune.

and am i entitled to interest on the monies owed?

Originally posted by lgmorales13 View Post
    hi,

I have a child support order that was issued in the state of florida. the absent parent resides in the state of michigan (michigan being the governing state). we were divorced in 1986 and he was ordered to pay $65.00 a week for 2 children. he has paid periodically. he is currently in the arrears in mc comb county michigan for $14,400.00. my children are currently 23 & 21. periodically i have to contact the "mc comb county friend of the court" and request that a show cause order be sent to find out why he's not paying. and as alot of you already know that takes time. i have struggled to raise my children and all i want is what is legally and morally mine. does any one have any ideas on how i can go about collecting without it costing me a fortune.

and am i entitled to interest on the monies owed?
    Which state court was the order actually issued in- Florida or Michigan?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X