Arizona -- Child Visitation and Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgerbitz View Post
    Do you think, I will have to have it supervised? would I have to pay for that? or what happens in supervised visitation? I am just trying to be prepared.

Nobody did answer my main question... about being a dead beat father.
    I am not going to call you any names. What purpose does it serve? You obviously have enough concerns to get advice on how to better your relationship with your child. Now, you just have to have the fortitude to follow through.

I think that it will most likely be ordered on a graduated supervised visitation schedule. That means that it will be short supervised (person designated by the court) visits at first until you and your son are comfortable together, working up to regular, unsupervised visitiation. (assuming that there are no issues with visitation during that time). How it will be paid is up to the judge. In most cases, the cost is split between the parents, however, in MY case, he had to pay all costs. (You have no idea...)
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
      I am not going to call you any names. What purpose does it serve? You obviously have enough concerns to get advice on how to better your relationship with your child. Now, you just have to have the fortitude to follow through.

I think that it will most likely be ordered on a graduated supervised visitation schedule. That means that it will be short supervised (person designated by the court) visits at first until you and your son are comfortable together, working up to regular, unsupervised visitiation. (assuming that there are no issues with visitation during that time). How it will be paid is up to the judge. In most cases, the cost is split between the parents, however, in MY case, he had to pay all costs. (You have no idea...)
      What I am tryign to get at is: What is a deadbeat father?

Comment

Originally posted by sgerbitz View Post
        Nobody did answer my main question... about being a dead beat father.
        There are 2 ways of being a dead beat parent:

one involves not being in thier child's life. Since you are trying to be a part of your child's life, no you aren't a dead beat, however, you're going to have to be very firm about your rights and take it to court.

the second is not supporting your child. from what you've posted, it sounds like you have been a dead beat, but you are now paying. That makes you a FORMER dead beat, the key word being former. Being a former dead beat is alot better than being a dead beat. As long as you are making an honest, consistant effort to pay CS you will not be a dead beat.

Comment

Xena, I agree with you completely!! This gentleman needs to get back into court and get this order modified ASAP!! It should have the days, dates, times,everything on it so he knows when he can see his son. I went through the smae thing, except, I have the custody of the kids, and tried to get the "dad" to spend as much time with them as possible. Only thing is, HE didn't want to, but we ended up in court anyway about it. Since we were there, he decided to "play games" with the Judge and myself. He started making all the rules of when he wanted the kids, how long wanted them, and how often he wanted them. Naturally, I agreed with him, ONLY because I had 2 kids that wanted so much to be with him, and this was the only way he would do it. When we left the courtroom that day, this was his visitation schedule: 3 weekends a month during the school year ( the 1st, the 3rd, and the 4th ones) and every other week during the summer.. because the kids already lived with me. Well, that didn't last very long.. He decided that he was going to start changing what weekends he got the kids, and if he didn't want the kids for the full weekend, he didn't keep them, he brought them back home to me. He made the rules in court to "convience" himself, but when it came down to the nitty gritty, he wanted to change them. Then since he got what he wanted, he thought that he didn't have to pay CS while the kids were "in his care".During the time that he had the kids "in his care", some things were going on that brought us back to court. The judge found out about them, and decided to take all visitation rights from him, because the judge was looking out for the best interest of the kids. It has been a year since the "no visitation" order came about, and quite frankly, he has no thoughts of trying to get them back. Every once in a while, he will call his kids, or maybe stop by for a few minutes.. but, only if it is "convienent" for himself... Not because his kids want to see him and still love him after all that has happened. As for this gentleman that is trying to spend time with his son, and pays an outrageous amount for CS.. NO!!! I do not think he is a Dead Beat Dad!!! I cried when I read his letter and all the replies to it.. I just wish that my Girls' dad would be like that.. I don't the part about the CS.. I mean the part about wanting to be with his kids.My best goes out to yu.. and I will be thinking about you.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle1992 View Post
            Xena, I agree with you completely!! This gentleman needs to get back into court and get this order modified ASAP!! It should have the days, dates, times,everything on it so he knows when he can see his son. I went through the smae thing, except, I have the custody of the kids, and tried to get the "dad" to spend as much time with them as possible. Only thing is, HE didn't want to, but we ended up in court anyway about it. Since we were there, he decided to "play games" with the Judge and myself. He started making all the rules of when he wanted the kids, how long wanted them, and how often he wanted them. Naturally, I agreed with him, ONLY because I had 2 kids that wanted so much to be with him, and this was the only way he would do it. When we left the courtroom that day, this was his visitation schedule: 3 weekends a month during the school year ( the 1st, the 3rd, and the 4th ones) and every other week during the summer.. because the kids already lived with me. Well, that didn't last very long.. He decided that he was going to start changing what weekends he got the kids, and if he didn't want the kids for the full weekend, he didn't keep them, he brought them back home to me. He made the rules in court to "convience" himself, but when it came down to the nitty gritty, he wanted to change them. Then since he got what he wanted, he thought that he didn't have to pay CS while the kids were "in his care".During the time that he had the kids "in his care", some things were going on that brought us back to court. The judge found out about them, and decided to take all visitation rights from him, because the judge was looking out for the best interest of the kids. It has been a year since the "no visitation" order came about, and quite frankly, he has no thoughts of trying to get them back. Every once in a while, he will call his kids, or maybe stop by for a few minutes.. but, only if it is "convienent" for himself... Not because his kids want to see him and still love him after all that has happened. As for this gentleman that is trying to spend time with his son, and pays an outrageous amount for CS.. NO!!! I do not think he is a Dead Beat Dad!!! I cried when I read his letter and all the replies to it.. I just wish that my Girls' dad would be like that.. I don't the part about the CS.. I mean the part about wanting to be with his kids.My best goes out to yu.. and I will be thinking about you.
            It breaks my heart when I see how much kids can be hurt by a non visiting parent. The kids get hurt and the NCP loses out on so many things, and sadly even if they change later, quite often the kids want nothing to do with that parent. It's a no win situation that I'll never be able to comprehend. If someone told me that I could see my kids on only specific days, I'd be there evry time and constantly fighting in court for more. It also breaks my heart to see a situation where the NCP wants to be a part of thier child's life, but the CP makes it so hard, again, the kids are the ones getting hurt, it's just so sad.

Comment

I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their wisdom with me, and giving me hope and encouragement.. I will let everyone know how everything turns out. THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Steve

Comment

Garnishment amt

My friend has 60% taken out of his military check is this the correct amt?

Comment

Please start your own thread so it dosen't get confused with the current posters question or statement.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X