in contempt Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in contempt Texas

My ex is in contempt for non compliance w/ visitation. This is the second time, the first time she got a slap on the **** wrist. I want her to do at least 3 days in jail to let her know I am not playing. Am I wrong 4 this and does anyone think thats what she will get when she goes to court later this month??

Originally posted by luverboydude1 View Post
    My ex is in contempt for non compliance w/ visitation. This is the second time, the first time she got a slap on the **** wrist. I want her to do at least 3 days in jail to let her know I am not playing. Am I wrong 4 this and does anyone think thats what she will get when she goes to court later this month??
    Anything is possible but only an attorney in the area could give you a better idea. I do tend to agree with you, she needs to learn that this can't be done and if she does it 'enough' (again, only an attorney can tell you what that would be) there could be a custody change.

Comment

Originally posted by luverboydude1 View Post
      I agree with suzy, have you filed for a custody change? Unfortunately courts very seldom send CPs to jail when they are in contempt- although I believe they should. Are you asking for make-up visits? Hopefully the Judge will order make-up visits and do something that will send a very clear message to Mom that she cannot interfere with your child's visitation rights.

Comment

The 2nd contempt

Usually the second time will warrant a fine or a custody modification. Because it blatantly proves the parent is not looking out for the best intrests of the child. I am in a similar situation.
        All Things Pennsylvania Family Law

Comment

As I said on another thread, it will be interesting to see what happens as lbd1 is facing jail time AGAIN for failure to pay child support.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

Are you guys fightingt?

R u fighting in the forums?
            All Things Pennsylvania Family Law

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X