Modification to Child Support - Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modification to Child Support - Texas

I live in Texas. I filed a motion Pro Se to have my child support lowered. We were ordered to ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) back in 2003. We showed up to the DRO Alternative Dispute Division prior to the courts deadline and mediated an agreement which we all signed and agreed to, including her attorney in May 2003. I was Pro Se she was represented by counsel. We signed an agreement in accordance with sections 6.602 and 153.0071(d). Her attorney promised to file the order with the court. Being ignorant of the administrative procedures I thought I was done. Apparently she didn’t pay her attorney and the attorney bailed prior to filing it with the court. Now the OAG's office is hitting me up for 36k in back child support. Apparently my ex contacted the OAG's office and complained I wasn’t sticking to the original order. Of course the OAG's office picked up the case.

I tried to explain to the OAG's office that we had a signed agreement and even showed it to them. They told me they didn’t care and were going to proceed to make me pay or else lose my license and go to jail. Of course I don't have 36k to pay them otherwise I wouldn't have been pro se the first time. In any case it appears to me the agreement is binding under 153.0071(e). Rule 11 exception doesn't appear to apply because the agreement clearly meets the guidelines laid out in rule 11.

My question is what's the likelihood the court will deny my motion to modify based on the agreement? If they do deny on what grounds what would it be under?

I'm just trying to cover every angle. I can't afford to lose this.

Originally posted by Mr_Petitioner View Post
    I live in Texas. I filed a motion Pro Se to have my child support lowered. We were ordered to ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) back in 2003. We showed up to the DRO Alternative Dispute Division prior to the courts deadline and mediated an agreement which we all signed and agreed to, including her attorney in May 2003. I was Pro Se she was represented by counsel. We signed an agreement in accordance with sections 6.602 and 153.0071(d). Her attorney promised to file the order with the court. Being ignorant of the administrative procedures I thought I was done. Apparently she didn’t pay her attorney and the attorney bailed prior to filing it with the court. Now the OAG's office is hitting me up for 36k in back child support. Apparently my ex contacted the OAG's office and complained I wasn’t sticking to the original order. Of course the OAG's office picked up the case.

I tried to explain to the OAG's office that we had a signed agreement and even showed it to them. They told me they didn’t care and were going to proceed to make me pay or else lose my license and go to jail. Of course I don't have 36k to pay them otherwise I wouldn't have been pro se the first time. In any case it appears to me the agreement is binding under 153.0071(e). Rule 11 exception doesn't appear to apply because the agreement clearly meets the guidelines laid out in rule 11.

My question is what's the likelihood the court will deny my motion to modify based on the agreement? If they do deny on what grounds what would it be under?

I'm just trying to cover every angle. I can't afford to lose this.
    I'm not real sure of what you can do, but ceara is from Texas and knows alot about the laws there. Hopefully she'll reply with some advice for you soon.
    Xena

Comment

Anyone?

I thought I gave enough info. Does someone need more?

Comment

Ummm, cowpats, do you realize that you just admitted to non compliance of a court order and made a threat via the internet? Good job. You just showed how low your intelligence quotient truly is. What needs to be learned is that you are not a martyr or a hero because you are too lazy to support your child(ren).
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
          Ummm, cowpats, do you realize that you just admitted to non compliance of a court order and made a threat via the internet? Good job. You just showed how low your intelligence quotient truly is. What needs to be learned is that you are not a martyr or a hero because you are too lazy to support your child(ren).
          Hopefully cowpats- aka "deadbeat" will soon land in jail again and then we won't have to deal with his stupidity for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by cowpats35
            Hey man I feel ya there these courts in texas have no respect for family values as you can see. My only advice is hire another attorney and see what he can do. you must have sought legal advice when this happened. I went to jail for 6 months I just got out in August and I have paid only 55$ since. I pay what I can when I can. That 6 months has really killed me and I will soon be going back for another tour in the county jail only this time I;m gonna go back for a good reason. These ******* judges need to learn that not all fathers can pay what they say they can and 4 them to add interest upon interest is a crime to all of society. Get legal advise man. Don;t let these scumbags do this to you....
            THAT comes across as a threat, moron. Since my children are very well cared for, I doubt that the state will have anything to do with my kids.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

Already working on it. See, the thing is that I highly doubt you would go to jail for "a good reason" because you filed grievances against a judge.
              Last edited by mommyof4; 10-18-2006, 07:03 AM.
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              (unique up on him)
              (same way)

Comment

working on violence

why are you messing with this guy like that? you will be lucky if he doesn't come find you from what I gather here..

Comment

Originally posted by luverboydude1 View Post
                  why are you messing with this guy like that? you will be lucky if he doesn't come find you from what I gather here..
                  Hey idiot... you are making threats over the internet... AGAIN.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X