Garnishment when there are 2 jobs California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garnishment when there are 2 jobs California

My ex turned in the paperwork for garnishment on only ONE of his employers - the one that he works the least hours for, natch! I am in the process of tracking down the name of the second employer and should have that info today. My question is, can (or will) DCSS process a garnishment for two employers.

I doubt very much that the first job will provide enough income to meet his CS obligations, as they will only take the maximum of 50% of his wages.

Thanks!

I've heard that it can be done. If they do not persue it, then you may have to modify the child support order. But I doubt it will come to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodulu
      My ex turned in the paperwork for garnishment on only ONE of his employers - the one that he works the least hours for, natch! I am in the process of tracking down the name of the second employer and should have that info today. My question is, can (or will) DCSS process a garnishment for two employers.

I doubt very much that the first job will provide enough income to meet his CS obligations, as they will only take the maximum of 50% of his wages.

Thanks!
      Does California allow a CP to serve the NCP's employer(s) with the paperwork for garnishment? I'm asking because I know alot of states do allow it.

Call a local attorney just to ask a quick question about it, I've found that sometimes you can get just one easy question answered over the phone.
      As long as there isn't a statute preventing it, my suggestion is for you to get a CERTIFIED copy of the CS order and any income deduction order and send your ex's employers copies of them.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X