Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modification guidelines florida Florida

This is diffrent how can this be ?
    I looked at the guidelines and I can not understand how this works.

When I requested a modification CSE told me how much my ex should be paying. At that time months ago I had a job making more hrly then I do now .(It is about a 2.50 hr diffrence lower that my previous job last year.)

I changed jobs due to high stress levels of that old position..So I had to change positions completely .
    So according to the guidelines since my income is LOWER now...
    I will get LESS Child support a month....
    Due to a updated Financial affadavit was requested .
    Am I reading the guidelines correctly here?

Originally posted by florida_mom
    This is diffrent how can this be ?
    I looked at the guidelines and I can not understand how this works.

When I requested a modification CSE told me how much my ex should be paying. At that time months ago I had a job making more hrly then I do now .(It is about a 2.50 hr diffrence lower that my previous job last year.)

I changed jobs due to high stress levels of that old position..So I had to change positions completely .
    So according to the guidelines since my income is LOWER now...
    I will get LESS Child support a month....
    Due to a updated Financial affadavit was requested .
    Am I reading the guidelines correctly here?
    Yes, it's possible. If either parents' income decreases, the combined incomes used to determine CS also decreases, which in turn can cause the overall amount to decrease.

Comment

Okay , I just wanted to see if I was reading it correctly. because it did not make sense that if you make less you get less if you make more you get more? Whatever way it goes I will just be happier to get whatever I qualify for. It all helps especially these days with all these expenses ... Thanks for your help
      Last edited by florida_mom; 08-31-2006, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Ex is fighting amount of CS that he can not afford to pay amount on the guidelines,But then goes and buys a house double the amount of the house he was living in when filed affadavit that he sold.
        Should I request a new affadavit with new home info ? Or would this lower the amount recieved for CS due to his mortgage being higher now?
        What would be the best way to handle this ??? It is amazing how they fight they cannot pay requested amount but then upgrade your living style.... Will a Judge even look at that ? please let me know
        Last edited by florida_mom; 09-05-2006, 05:03 AM.

Comment

His expenses do not matter. He can have 15 car payments on 15 cars and it would not change what he pays. The only thing that matters is-Your income, HIs income, The cost of Medical insurance for the children, The cost of medical & dental expenses for the children, The cost of daycare for the children (if daycare is needed to work), and the cost of any approved extra activities of the children. (Extras could be private school, or something that was agreed upon or put in the court order that you would split the cost of).

Child support is a a mathmatical calculation. There is no fighting when 2+2=4. The judge won't care about his "OH poor me" routine. The children come First.

Comment

Good to know
            I was concerned he was going to say his mortgage was too high and he could not afford it... Thanks

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X