X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mommyof4
    replied
    Originally posted by blessedwith2girls
    CSRU contacted my brother and told him that he was paid up until 2009. They told him that any money withheld from his paychecks during this time period, would be reimbursed to him. Needless to say the mother is not happy, but everyone can't be happy all the time. Thanks.
    Well, thank you for updating us with the answer. I could not find ANYTHING to help you with this question.

Leave a comment:

• blessedwith2girls
    replied
    Definite

CSRU contacted my brother and told him that he was paid up until 2009. They told him that any money withheld from his paychecks during this time period, would be reimbursed to him. Needless to say the mother is not happy, but everyone can't be happy all the time. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• blessedwith2girls
    replied
    Update

My brother talked to CS Recovery and they said that it was not there problem, because there was a court order in place for the $519 a month, so they did not owe him anything. He will either have to get a court order to stop his CS until the overpayment is caught up, or a court order making the mother pay back the overpayment. I told him that he would have better luck getting a court order for him to have a credit of the overpayment, and just not pay until the credit was used. Will keep you up to date on the situation.

Leave a comment:

• blessedwith2girls
    replied
    Thanks

Thanks for trying, this is a hard one to figure out. When he talks to his lawyer, I will have him ask, but I will also tell him to contact CS Recovery to find out what they want to do about it. I will keep you all updated. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by blessedwith2girls
    My brother just got his new custody papers today, and I have a question pertaining to his child support. He has been paying $519.00 a month since August of 2005. The courts have granted him shared care and reduced his child support to $147.00 a month, but they made it retro back to August of 2005. My question is......will they credit his child support account and not make him pay for a little over two years, because the mother was overpaid, or will they reimburse him for the overpayment. My first thought was that Child Support Recovery would reimburse him for his overpayment, but the mother has already received the money, so I was not sure. Can anyone help us out?? Thanks for your input.
    Like the others, I'm not real sure how your state handles situations like yours. Contact CS enforcement agency first, if they don't know, won't tell, or won't do anything your brother may need to file a motion asking for reimbursement. The court can probably order repayment in several different ways, depending on the financial situations of the parents.
    Please let us know what he finds out.

Leave a comment:

• mommyof4
    replied
    You got me. I looked up all of the statutes and court rulings for Iowa that I could find, and the only mention (that I found, anyway) of overpayment was in regard to paying back overpayment of state benefits. So, when you find out for sure, let us know. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• stuckinamuck
    replied
    Your brother may need to call the Child Support Office and see how they want to handle it....I think you must have stumped everyone so update us on what they say.

Leave a comment:

• blessedwith2girls
    started a topic Child Support Iowa

Child Support Iowa

My brother just got his new custody papers today, and I have a question pertaining to his child support. He has been paying $519.00 a month since August of 2005. The courts have granted him shared care and reduced his child support to $147.00 a month, but they made it retro back to August of 2005. My question is......will they credit his child support account and not make him pay for a little over two years, because the mother was overpaid, or will they reimburse him for the overpayment. My first thought was that Child Support Recovery would reimburse him for his overpayment, but the mother has already received the money, so I was not sure. Can anyone help us out?? Thanks for your input.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X