X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mommyof4
    replied
    http://www.familylawsoftware.com/spl...custodyact.htm

The link will answer your questions about who has jurisdiction in an interstate case.

As your husband is the legal father, in order to challenge the paternity, your husband would have to have DNA results showing that he is not the father. The other man would have to sue to establish HIS paternity, and then a judge would have to make a decision based on a number of factors, not the least of which is how long since paternity was established and how detrimental it would be to the child to have his father not BE his father. I suggest before your husband does anything, he decide if he really wants to be a father, or if he is trying to get visitation because he is out for "revenge". Most fathers do not ask how to go about getting his rightful time with his child, and in the next sentence, say, "oh, by the way...the kid doesn't look like me. How do I get out of being the dad?"

Leave a comment:

• Tahari
    replied
    Originally posted by angelsmom804
    Ok, I'm writing on behalf of my husband. He and I live in Georgia. But he has a son whom lives in Pennsylvania with the CP. She is refusing him visitation right's because we live here in Georgia. She says that she doesn't care if it is court ordered or not she will never send him here to visit us. How would we go about going for visitation rights? Would we file it here or would we have to go 15 1/2 hours to pennsylvania to do it all concidering that's where his son is? My step son also does not look like my husband at all he looks like another man. But since my husband already signed the birth certificate and is paying child support if he has a paternity test done and the results come back that his son is not his does that mean the child support get's dropped and his name comes off the birth certificate? PLEASE HELP!!!!
    All children don't have to look like a parent to be their child. I hate when people say that crap. Children can come out looking like their grandparents or great grandparents.
    Is there a visitation order in place? If there is and she is not adhering to it, you can bring it to the courts attn.
    As far as "if the child isn't his and his name is on the bc", how old is the child. Some states vary in up to what age you can file or question paternity to really make it a difference.

Leave a comment:

• angelsmom804
    started a topic Need help with interstate visitation Georgia

Need help with interstate visitation Georgia

Ok, I'm writing on behalf of my husband. He and I live in Georgia. But he has a son whom lives in Pennsylvania with the CP. She is refusing him visitation right's because we live here in Georgia. She says that she doesn't care if it is court ordered or not she will never send him here to visit us. How would we go about going for visitation rights? Would we file it here or would we have to go 15 1/2 hours to pennsylvania to do it all concidering that's where his son is? My step son also does not look like my husband at all he looks like another man. But since my husband already signed the birth certificate and is paying child support if he has a paternity test done and the results come back that his son is not his does that mean the child support get's dropped and his name comes off the birth certificate? PLEASE HELP!!!!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X