dna test Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dna test Georgia

me and my ex-wife was married for 20 yrs,we had 1 child ,she is 11 yrs old now .the ex was treating me like i wasnt her father i had a dna done and im not the bio-dad dont get me wrong i love my daugther and i pay c/s ,but is there anything i can get my ex-wife on ,for not telling me the truth 11 yrs ago i want to keep on seeing my child. im the only dad she has ever know ,or can she make me give up my parental rights? the man that is her bio-dad has never been in the picture he died 5 yrs ago.Can someone please help .

Originally posted by need help now
    me and my ex-wife was married for 20 yrs,we had 1 child ,she is 11 yrs old now .the ex was treating me like i wasnt her father i had a dna done and im not the bio-dad dont get me wrong i love my daugther and i pay c/s ,but is there anything i can get my ex-wife on ,for not telling me the truth 11 yrs ago i want to keep on seeing my child. im the only dad she has ever know ,or can she make me give up my parental rights? the man that is her bio-dad has never been in the picture he died 5 yrs ago.Can someone please help .
    You are the legal father, correct? There is nothing you can do to make the mother pay for her past transgressions. Is there a court order for custody/visitation? If so, and you have been granted visitation, she cannot stop you from seeing your child. And, no, she cannot make you terminate your parental rights. The best thing for you to do (as galling as it may seem) is to let by gones be bygones and be thankful that you have a wonderful daughter in your life.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

dna test

[QUOTE=mommyof4]You are the legal father, correct? There is nothing you can do to make the mother pay for her past transgressions. Is there a court order for custody/visitation? If so, and you have been granted visitation, she cannot stop you from seeing your child. And, no, she cannot make you terminate your parental rights. The best thing for you to do (as galling as it may seem) is to let by gones be bygones and be thankful that you have a wonderful daughter in your life . / In the courts i am her dad but her mom does not treat me that way .I just got remarried and the ex is slanding my name to her.

Comment

[QUOTE=need help now]
        Originally posted by mommyof4
        You are the legal father, correct? There is nothing you can do to make the mother pay for her past transgressions. Is there a court order for custody/visitation? If so, and you have been granted visitation, she cannot stop you from seeing your child. And, no, she cannot make you terminate your parental rights. The best thing for you to do (as galling as it may seem) is to let by gones be bygones and be thankful that you have a wonderful daughter in your life . / In the courts i am her dad but her mom does not treat me that way .I just got remarried and the ex is slanding my name to her.
        Is there a custody/visitation order?
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        (unique up on him)
        (same way)

Comment

[QUOTE=mommyof4]
          Is there a custody/visitation order?
          yes.

Comment

You need to read it closely and see if it addresses talking negatively to the child about the other parent. (mine does) If it does, file contempt charges against her. If it does not, you need to file to modify the order to include that in it. You are this girl's father, whether or not you are biologically related.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

but is there a way i can have c/s lowered cause she isnt doing what is in the court order ? or can i go for 50/50 custody. cus every other week end is not enuff time with my child.

Comment

but is there a way i can have c/s lowered cause she isnt doing what is in the court order ? or can i go for 50/50 custody. cus every other week end is not enuff time with my child.
                Child support is a different issue than custody. You can petition for 50/50 custody, but must show a significant change in your daughter's circumstances to warrant the change. If you are granted 50/50 (which is actually not usually exactly 50/50) your support may go down depending on how much time your daughter actually stays with you and your and your exe's incomes that would be used to recompute the amount of child support.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                (unique up on him)
                (same way)

Comment

I'm trying to find the exact case, but I'll give you the Cliff Notes version until I can find it.

Mom and dad were married 9 years had 1 child. Several years after the divorce, dad found out he wasn't dad after all. Although the statute of limitations had run out years earlier, mom decided to try and terminate his rights. The biological father was deceased and could not take any action himself. Judge orders DNA test, legal dad isn't related. Judge orders ANOTHER DNA comparing the child's to the deceased man's mother's DNA. Test is positive.

The judge grants mom's motion to terminate the ex's parental rights due to the fact that the child would not suffer financially because mom would receive SS death benefits. Then comes the surprise ending.......

The judge gives the "former step-parent" the same visitation schedule that he had as the legal father due to the fact that the child had an established relationship with him and the visitation would not interfere with the biological father's rights!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X