Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two different states NC & VA North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two different states NC & VA North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania

HI, it's been a while since I wrote a post and don't have enough knowledge to answer a lot of them but I do have a question. I have moved to NC and the CP leaves in VA. Right now I pay out of court becasue the the CP dropped the enforcement through the court. NC wages are far less than VA pays, if I file a child support case in NC while the CP and son leaves in VA, by which state would the child support guidelines go by...VA or NC? Thanks in advance for responses.
    Last edited by chris1228; 06-06-2006, 03:55 PM.

Originally posted by chris1228
    HI, it's been a while since I wrote a post and don't have enough knowledge to answer a lot of them but I do have a question. I have moved to NC and the CP leaves in VA. Right now I pay out of court becasue the the CP dropped the enforcement through the court. NC wages are far less than VA pays, if I file a child support case in NC while the CP and son leaves in VA, by which state would the child support guidelines go by...VA or NC? Thanks in advance for responses.
    You cannot file in NC. You will have to ask for a modification of the original order in VA. But, you must meet certain requirements before a modification hearing will be granted.

Comment

Ceara, there isn't any court orders, the judge closed the child support case after I presented a notarized document signed by the CP and the NCP. The child support that I pay now is from a wriiten agreement, which is the notorized document presented in court. The only thing is she keeps requesting more money without docs to show why and then threatens that if she doesn't get more she will go back to court. So... knowing this, what is your response? Also, is there any way to find out if she has insurance on the child because I am covering him but it has been two years and no claims have been made and I know he has been hurt (boy stuff nothing serious) but also no shots, he is 4 years old now. Not sure if she has him on medicaid like her daughterand do not know how to find out. The insurance is coting me 200.00 extra dollars a month, which is fine if she would use it instead of trying to hurt my pocket since the court closed the child support. any suggestions or response is much appreciated.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X