can't find help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't find help

I am trying to find what the statutes are for Wy concerning many things first lets start with: my children's father has recently written me a letter stating that he will no longer be sending the kids with any items (clothes, toys, tooth brushes, etc.) when I pick them up for their visits (6 weeks next visit) in the state I currently live in it is prohibited for any parent to dictate to the child(ren) what they can or cannot transport from home to home. This is one of his many stunts only this time I have it in writing, can I do anything about this? For the past 6 years he has sent (every summer and 2 week Christmas visit) only the clothes I purchased for the kids the previous summer or Christmas, they are never allowed to bring any toys (he tells them your mother will buy you more)which by Christmas the clothes are not appropriate to wear and the next summer they are too small. I still intend to purchase clothes like I always have but now I have to do it the day I get them because tonight I tried to call and ask clothing sizes and was told that I have to wait until they get here because they are growing out of the clothes they have now. The phone call was another disater, every time I call the kids he sits right next to them and answers any questions I ask them, I get no privacy with the kids, ever! While they are here I let them speak alone while I tend to household chores or something. Privacy is also another subject that is strictly enforced in my home state as well as in my home. I'll skim over a few other items, He won't tell me what school they go to, I get no info such as report cards,when school breaks are scheduled(so I can plan on picking them up, I have yet to be able to pick them up for easter, he tells me to find it online) refuses to help with any transporting(26hrs round trip for me) told the kids he'd put me in jail if I took my son to the barber shop for a hair cut, the kids are only allowed to call me "mother" and his new wife is called "mom" my husband has to be addressed by his first name. I am very concerned about their emotional well being but how do I prove these things? My son on a recent phone call practically whispered "I love you" and only did so after I repeated that I loved him several times. If it helps or matters we have joint legal custody and he has physical custody.
    thanks for any help.

Originally posted by fyrpeteswife
    I am trying to find what the statutes are for Wy concerning many things first lets start with: my children's father has recently written me a letter stating that he will no longer be sending the kids with any items (clothes, toys, tooth brushes, etc.) when I pick them up for their visits (6 weeks next visit) in the state I currently live in it is prohibited for any parent to dictate to the child(ren) what they can or cannot transport from home to home. This is one of his many stunts only this time I have it in writing, can I do anything about this? For the past 6 years he has sent (every summer and 2 week Christmas visit) only the clothes I purchased for the kids the previous summer or Christmas, they are never allowed to bring any toys (he tells them your mother will buy you more)which by Christmas the clothes are not appropriate to wear and the next summer they are too small. I still intend to purchase clothes like I always have but now I have to do it the day I get them because tonight I tried to call and ask clothing sizes and was told that I have to wait until they get here because they are growing out of the clothes they have now. The phone call was another disater, every time I call the kids he sits right next to them and answers any questions I ask them, I get no privacy with the kids, ever! While they are here I let them speak alone while I tend to household chores or something. Privacy is also another subject that is strictly enforced in my home state as well as in my home. I'll skim over a few other items, He won't tell me what school they go to, I get no info such as report cards,when school breaks are scheduled(so I can plan on picking them up, I have yet to be able to pick them up for easter, he tells me to find it online) refuses to help with any transporting(26hrs round trip for me) told the kids he'd put me in jail if I took my son to the barber shop for a hair cut, the kids are only allowed to call me "mother" and his new wife is called "mom" my husband has to be addressed by his first name. I am very concerned about their emotional well being but how do I prove these things? My son on a recent phone call practically whispered "I love you" and only did so after I repeated that I loved him several times. If it helps or matters we have joint legal custody and he has physical custody.
    thanks for any help.
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/state_statutes.html

(Follow the steps. They will take you directly to the statutes you are looking for)
    Criminal codes
    Scroll down to "Family Law"
    Wyoming Title 20
    Chapeter 2--Article 2

You should be at the statutes. Item vii will specifically address the privacy issue with your children.
    Item "e" wil address your right to access of all school, medical, legal, ANY information.

As to the clothing, unless it is clearly stated in your order, there is nothing to force him to send clothes. It's a crappy thing for him to do, but you have the choice of whether or not you will send the clothes home with them that you purchase. That is up to you. I know what I would do, but you make your own decision on this. When your children address you as "mother", if you don't like it, correct them. You really need to take your ex back to court on contempt, mainly from the not allowing you free access to school info and attempting to alienate the children from you. You will NOT go to jail for taking the boys to get a haircut. When he say's something like that, just blow him off and do your own thing. You need to stand up for yourself. He walks all over you and does these things because you are allowing him to. Put a stop to it. If he doesn't like it, too bad.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X