Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm preg, unmarried, father is abusive, I need full custody asap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceara
    replied
    Originally posted by alsanebaby
    I can but it is utterly inconvenient. The family is old school. If you have lived here for 20 years then you know this family. I am finding that there is alot of new people coming to the area, like myself, and they are unaware of the local hierarchy. If I could find a younger lawyer that has been practicing here for not quite so long, then maybe I would have a chance. Is there anytype of search engine available to search for attorney's that do this kind of work in my area?
    Here is a link to the Alabama State Bar.

http://www.alabar.org/

They have attorney referrals. But the best attorney in the world won't be able to help if the judge is biased.

Leave a comment:

• alsanebaby
    replied
    I can but it is utterly inconvenient. The family is old school. If you have lived here for 20 years then you know this family. I am finding that there is alot of new people coming to the area, like myself, and they are unaware of the local hierarchy. If I could find a younger lawyer that has been practicing here for not quite so long, then maybe I would have a chance. Is there anytype of search engine available to search for attorney's that do this kind of work in my area?

Leave a comment:

• ceara
    replied
    Originally posted by alsanebaby
    Thank you for your help. I am then going to need to know where to go to get a good attorney that is not biased by this man's family. Does anyone know of anyone personally to see in Baldwin County, Alabama?
    If the bias is that bad, is there any way you could relocate BEFORE the baby is born?

Leave a comment:

• alsanebaby
    replied
    Thank you for your help. I am then going to need to know where to go to get a good attorney that is not biased by this man's family. Does anyone know of anyone personally to see in Baldwin County, Alabama?

Leave a comment:

• ceara
    replied
    Just wanted to add that if you are wanting to move, do it BEFORE the baby is born. If you are worried that you will have to return to Texas to file any court actions, don't. The typical residency requirements don't apply. The state the child is BORN is where you will file. The child will be a legal resident in the state that s/he is born in.

Leave a comment:

• xena
    replied
    You can't do anything until the baby is born. At that time you should immediately file for custody, paternity and CS.

Leave a comment:

• I'm preg, unmarried, father is abusive, I need full custody asap!

I am currently living in the State of Alabama. I have the option of moving back to Texas for this legal fight, if only absolutely necessary.
    I am pregnant, unmarried, and ex-boyfriend is the father. I won't go into great detail of our relationship, but the fact is that after some time, I began to notice a change in behavior (bi-polar). It began to get worse, and now is completely unbearable. I had him move out of my house, I have had to call the police on him for continual harrassment. I have a daughter just about to turn 3. She doesn't deserve to see this type of behavior and neither does this soon to be new addition to our family. This man is a product himself of mental abuse, and I feel it imperative to stop the cycle now! He is currently seeking a therapist and taking yet again new medication for his problem. He has been arrested for possession of drugs last month and has been fired from a job within the last two months for stealing (I have the paper documentation). So you are probably wondering what my problem is? His family is very wealthy and well known in this small community. His family includes a current attorney, a former D.A., a former assistant D.A., and a former county commissioner. He said he might sign full custody paperwork, but he would have to think about it. I don't even know who to go to that would draw up such paperwork and represent me correctly. Who knows if they are friends with this family. What should I do?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X