Some questions about parental rights signed away. Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about parental rights signed away. Colorado

I'll do my best to make this as short as possible. In 2001 my daughter was told by DFS that if she didn't voluntarily give up her rights that they'd take her other child,her unborn child when born and send me to jail and then would have them taken away by the court. Her public defender did nothing to help her and there was NO attempt to see if mother was able to improve herself so child could live with her and her husband.

There's a lot more to the story but I don't want to write a book. I will say that part of their defense was due to false accusations made against me about child molestation.

The child was almost 6 when this happened,was close to her mother and I,and was abruptly made to cut all contact with us. She's now 16 and is uncontrollable with all the signs of a child who's been sexually abused for a long time and was arrested for 3rd degree assault and sexual assualt against another child.

We aren't trying to get the adoption overturned as more trauma isn't what she needs but instead want the illegal parts brought out into the open,have the child diaganosed and get her help and have the truth come out so she can begin to heal.

Any ideas if this is possible and how to go about it?
    God doesn't have a cell phone,email address or post office box but I still know how to get ahold of him!

Originally posted by grgyls4me View Post
    I'll do my best to make this as short as possible. In 2001 my daughter was told by DFS that if she didn't voluntarily give up her rights that they'd take her other child,her unborn child when born and send me to jail and then would have them taken away by the court. Her public defender did nothing to help her and there was NO attempt to see if mother was able to improve herself so child could live with her and her husband.

There's a lot more to the story but I don't want to write a book. I will say that part of their defense was due to false accusations made against me about child molestation.

The child was almost 6 when this happened,was close to her mother and I,and was abruptly made to cut all contact with us. She's now 16 and is uncontrollable with all the signs of a child who's been sexually abused for a long time and was arrested for 3rd degree assault and sexual assualt against another child.

We aren't trying to get the adoption overturned as more trauma isn't what she needs but instead want the illegal parts brought out into the open,have the child diaganosed and get her help and have the truth come out so she can begin to heal.

Any ideas if this is possible and how to go about it?

If Mom's parental rights were actually terminated, she no longer has a child and neither of you has standing to do anything at all.

If you feel that the child - at 16 - is being abused elsewhere of course you can contact child services and make a report.

Comment

A bit late, I know.

Another option is to grieve the public defender. They are obligated to represent you fairly and competently. "Ineffective counsel" by anyone in law practice is highly frowned upon by the legal community.
      I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
      Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
      I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
      Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

CJ, you might want to not bring up old threads - you are replying to some over 3 mos. old. Usually, the OP has taken some type of action in that period of time.

Thanks.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X