Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

step parent adoption in ohio Ohio

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • step parent adoption in ohio Ohio

    We just started the process of my husband adopting 2 of my children. The bio father has never been involved with them financially, physically, or emotionally. He has been in and out of prison a couple times, with this last time him serving 5 yrs for raping someone. Therefore, I know where he lives because he has to register on the sex offender site. I know if he doesn't consnet i have been told that I have to put it in the newspaper and that is very costly. We do have an attorney that we are working with, but I want to be one step ahead and not be disappointed. Can someone help me with this, pleaseeeee! He is also on parole, so I have gone as far as to contact the parole officer to try to get him to help me get him to sign off. I am willing to "forgive" the back support just to get him to sign off. My problem at the moment is that he just moved from one county to another and his new parole office said he won't be able to help me for about another month or so. The attorney wants me to try to locate him and see if he's going to sign off. He's the type of man that will be a jerk and won't sign off and say those are his babies. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    If you're asking if there is a law that you can use to compel him to sign away his parental rights, there isn't.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.