Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brother adoption Illinois

hi.
    my best friend and i are 17. hes turning 18 in august and i wont be turning 18 until next April. this might sound kind of weird but we want to actually adopt each other as brothers. we live in illinois. i know its kind of odd to most people but hey we love each other that much (not gay way) and we REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be brothers. is that possible?
    MIYAVI ROCKS!

No.

You cannot adopt a brother.

Go take care of your mother.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by edwardcullen13 View Post
      hi.
      my best friend and i are 17. hes turning 18 in august and i wont be turning 18 until next April. this might sound kind of weird but we want to actually adopt each other as brothers. we live in illinois. i know its kind of odd to most people but hey we love each other that much (not gay way) and we REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be brothers. is that possible?
      NO!
      See my post to you on the other thread. Try to learn from it.

Comment

mom = dead
        understand now?
        MIYAVI ROCKS!

Comment

Once more Ed I am sorry for your lost but this does not change the legally accurate answers you have got
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Last you told us, your mother was coming home today and you didn't want it to impact your personal life.

I am sorry if your mother died over the weekend.

Whether or not she died or is coming home doesn't change any answer to any of your posts.

Except that, of course, now you don't have to care for her and your social life problem is solved.
            Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X