X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOOkay

http://triangle.dbusinessnews.com/sh...pe_news=latest

My Adopted Ghost, Inc. Announces Launch of Ghost Adoption Services
    Triangle - RALEIGH -- My Adopted Ghost, Inc., a new novelty company based in
    Wake Forest, NC, launched itself this month as the "premier ghost adoption
    service." Looking for a unique, quirky gift or a conversation piece? For $23.95
    you can now place an order for one of several ghostly spirits that are
    available for adoption.

Pending adoptions include the ghost of Herr Karl Von Klaus, a Frankfurt man who
    drowned during Oktoberfest 2002 after falling into a vat of that year's blue
    ribbon brew. Other ghosts available for adoption include the ghosts of Golf Pro
    Joe, Judge Barnaby Blumberg, Dr. Ray Sloan and others.

Buyers select their desired ghost and then complete an application form to
    confirm their suitability as a "Ghost Host." Approved Ghost Hosts receive a
    Ghost Adoption Kit containing a Certificate of Adoption, a Ghost Care Manual, a
    Ghost Biography, and a Ghost Habitat where the adopted ghost resides.

"Ghosts are awesome," says Amanda Akers, 15, of Raleigh, NC. "Who wouldn't want
    to have their very own ghost?"

Deb Thompson, Founder of My Adopted Ghost, Inc., says that initial inquiries
    and orders have been very promising, and that the company plans to expand the
    number of "pending adoptions" over the next few months. Ms. Thompson likens the
    anticipated success of My Adopted Ghost to the success of other pop culture
    novelty items such as the Pet Rock.

My Adopted Ghost Inc. also offers t-shirts, mugs, caps and other miscellaneous
    merchandise customized with your adopted ghost's vital information, such as
    name, birth/death dates, place of birth, and cause of death.

Visit My Adopted Ghost Inc.'s website at www.myadoptedghost.com and adopt a
    ghost today!

-------------------------
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail . . . but, a true friend will
    be sitting next to you saying, "**** . . . that was fun!"
    -----Unknown

OOOOkay

"LilMtnCbn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]You have GOT to be kidding?!? Never underestimate the gullibility of the
    American public <sigh>

Now excuse me; I need to finish working on revamping my toaster so it
    imprints Jesus' face on the bread.
    My Adopted Ghost, Inc. Announces Launch of Ghost Adoption Services Triangle - RALEIGH -- My Adopted Ghost, Inc., a new novelty company based in Wake Forest, NC, launched itself this month as the "premier ghost adoption service." Looking for a unique, quirky gift or a conversation piece? For $23.95 you can now place an order for one of several ghostly spirits that are available for adoption. Pending adoptions include the ghost of Herr Karl Von Klaus, a Frankfurt man who drowned during Oktoberfest 2002 after falling into a vat of that year's blue ribbon brew. Other ghosts available for adoption include the ghosts of Golf Pro Joe, Judge Barnaby Blumberg, Dr. Ray Sloan and others. Buyers select their desired ghost and then complete an application form to confirm their suitability as a "Ghost Host." Approved Ghost Hosts receive a Ghost Adoption Kit containing a Certificate of Adoption, a Ghost Care Manual, a Ghost Biography, and a Ghost Habitat where the adopted ghost resides. "Ghosts are awesome," says Amanda Akers, 15, of Raleigh, NC. "Who wouldn't want to have their very own ghost?" Deb Thompson, Founder of My Adopted Ghost, Inc., says that initial inquiries and orders have been very promising, and that the company plans to expand the number of "pending adoptions" over the next few months. Ms. Thompson likens the anticipated success of My Adopted Ghost to the success of other pop culture novelty items such as the Pet Rock. My Adopted Ghost Inc. also offers t-shirts, mugs, caps and other miscellaneous merchandise customized with your adopted ghost's vital information, such as name, birth/death dates, place of birth, and cause of death. Visit My Adopted Ghost Inc.'s website at www.myadoptedghost.com and adopt a ghost today!
    --
    ---------
    Robyn
    Resident Witchypoo

Comment

OOOOkay

>Subject: OOOOkay
      From: [email protected] (LilMtnCbn)Date: 2/8/2005 9:14 AM Eastern Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>http://triangle.dbusinessnews.com/sh...pe_news=latestMy Adopted Ghost, Inc. Announces Launch of Ghost Adoption ServicesTriangle - RALEIGH -- My Adopted Ghost, Inc., a new novelty company based inWake Forest, NC, launched itself this month as the "premier ghost adoptionservice." Looking for a unique, quirky gift or a conversation piece? For$23.95 you can now place an order for one of several ghostly spirits that areavailable for adoption.
      Of course, healthy white ghosts are available for a substantial premium.
      Also, adopters can purchase birthmonster insurance in the unlikely event
      someone wants their little ghoul back.

Dad

Comment

OOOOkay

On 08 Feb 2005 20:29:50 GMT, [email protected] (AdoptaDad) wrote:
        Subject: OOOOkayFrom: [email protected] (LilMtnCbn)Date: 2/8/2005 9:14 AM Eastern Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>http://triangle.dbusinessnews.com/sh...pe_news=latestMy Adopted Ghost, Inc. Announces Launch of Ghost Adoption ServicesTriangle - RALEIGH -- My Adopted Ghost, Inc., a new novelty company based inWake Forest, NC, launched itself this month as the "premier ghost adoptionservice." Looking for a unique, quirky gift or a conversation piece? For$23.95 you can now place an order for one of several ghostly spirits that areavailable for adoption. Of course, healthy white ghosts are available for a substantial premium.Also, adopters can purchase birthmonster insurance in the unlikely eventsomeone wants their little ghoul back.Dad
        We adopted a couple of ghosts by accident when our youngest two
        children came home from India, and we didn't have to pay for them. My
        son, who was 5, used to stand at the window at night and point outside
        into our dark yard and talk to his 3 yr old sister in Tamil. He'd
        make a growling monster face and say "bay" while pointing out the
        window, and she would run from the room in tears.

After a few days of this I took them outside one evening when a jet
        was flying way overhead, and I pointed to the plane and said "bay go
        India. Bye bye" and we all waved as the ghosts were sent back to
        India on the plane.

Julia

Comment

OOOOkay

>Subject: Re: OOOOkay
          From: [email protected] (AdoptaDad)Date: 2/8/2005 1:29 PM Mountain Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>
          Subject: OOOOkayFrom: [email protected] (LilMtnCbn)Date: 2/8/2005 9:14 AM Eastern Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>http://triangle.dbusinessnews.com/sh...pe_news=latestMy Adopted Ghost, Inc. Announces Launch of Ghost Adoption ServicesTriangle - RALEIGH -- My Adopted Ghost, Inc., a new novelty company based inWake Forest, NC, launched itself this month as the "premier ghost adoptionservice." Looking for a unique, quirky gift or a conversation piece? For$23.95 you can now place an order for one of several ghostly spirits that
          are
          available for adoption.
          Of course, healthy white ghosts are available for a substantial premium.Also, adopters can purchase birthmonster insurance in the unlikely eventsomeone wants their little ghoul back.Dad
          Bwwwaaa!!!

-------------------------
          A good friend will come and bail you out of jail . . . but, a true friend will
          be sitting next to you saying, "**** . . . that was fun!"
          -----Unknown

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X