Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marilyn Churley's Adoption Bill

>Subject: Re: Marilyn Churley's Adoption Bill
    From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]Date: 11/27/2004 10:15 AM Mountain Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>
    Unless birth certificates are very different where you are, for anadoptee they are everything to do with accessing genetic information.Without it you've little chance of getting any other information.
    Bullploppy. You don't need a OBC to find your birthfamily.

It's a civil rights issue between the state and the adoptee.

-------------------------
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail . . . but, a true friend will
    be sitting next to you saying, "**** . . . that was fun!"
    -----Unknown

Marilyn Churley's Adoption Bill

LilMtnCbn wrote:
    Subject: Re: Marilyn Churley's Adoption BillFrom: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]Date: 11/27/2004 10:15 AM Mountain Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>
    Unless birth certificates are very different where you are, for anadoptee they are everything to do with accessing genetic information.Without it you've little chance of getting any other information.
    Bullploppy. You don't need a OBC to find your birthfamily.It's a civil rights issue between the state and the adoptee.
    Umm...I wrote what you have quoted, I'm talking about getting your
    family's health history rather than looking for your birthfamily in
    order to make contact. If you were adopted in England, getting the
    details on your original birth certificate IS the first step in tracing
    your family's health history whether you were adopted or not, as it has
    your mother's maiden name if she was married and your father's details
    if he was named and other details. People who weren't adopted probably
    don't have to actually buy that certificate they'll already have all the
    info that is on it, or they can ask their parents. In England it does
    sometimes help to have your OBC, as for some people it is the only way
    of finding out what their birthmother's name is/was. I did not need my
    OBC in order to trace my family, as I already knew the name I was
    registered in and the name of my mother from the Adoption Order, which
    was given to my adoptive parents at the time of the adoption. What is
    on the OBC but not on the AO is the address of the hospital I was born
    at and the address that I was taken home to, all very useful for
    tracing. Adoption agencies usually want to see the OBC before they will
    give out any more info.

Robin

Comment

"LilMtnCbn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
      news:[email protected]
      Subject: Re: Marilyn Churley's Adoption BillFrom: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]Date: 11/27/2004 10:15 AM Mountain Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>
      Bullploppy. You don't need a OBC to find your birthfamily. It's a civil rights issue between the state and the adoptee. -------------------------
      You certainly don't in the US. Depending on the state and other issues,
      searching is relatively easy (unless you're looking for a Smith, Jones,
      Johnson, or Miller) if you know what you're doing or hire somebody who does.
      Ohio is extremely easy.

Marley
      A good friend will come and bail you out of jail . . . but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "**** . . . that was fun!" -----Unknown

Comment

>Subject: Re: Marilyn Churley's Adoption Bill
        From: Robin Harritt ningué[email protected]ão.hoje.agradecimentosDate: 11/27/2004 1:35 PM Mountain Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>LilMtnCbn wrote:
        Bullploppy. You don't need a OBC to find your birthfamily.It's a civil rights issue between the state and the adoptee.
        Umm...I wrote what you have quoted, I'm talking about getting yourfamily's health history rather than looking for your birthfamily inorder to make contact. If you were adopted in England, getting thedetails on your original birth certificate IS the first step in tracingyour family's health history whether you were adopted or not, as it hasyour mother's maiden name if she was married and your father's detailsif he was named and other details. People who weren't adopted probablydon't have to actually buy that certificate they'll already have all theinfo that is on it, or they can ask their parents. In England it doessometimes help to have your OBC, as for some people it is the only wayof finding out what their birthmother's name is/was. I did not need myOBC in order to trace my family, as I already knew the name I wasregistered in and the name of my mother from the Adoption Order, whichwas given to my adoptive parents at the time of the adoption. What ison the OBC but not on the AO is the address of the hospital I was bornat and the address that I was taken home to, all very useful fortracing. Adoption agencies usually want to see the OBC before they willgive out any more info.Robin
        Bwwwaa! Sorry about that. The posting style is confusing me.

-------------------------
        A good friend will come and bail you out of jail . . . but, a true friend will
        be sitting next to you saying, "**** . . . that was fun!"
        -----Unknown

Comment

Bullploppy. You don't need a OBC to find your birthfamily. It's a civil rights issue between the state and the adoptee.
          And, in my case anyway, all it takes it some paperwork your aparents have
          and a social worker at your adoption agency with a big mouth
          --
          ---------
          Robyn
          Resident Witchypoo

Comment

"LilMtnCbn" <lilmt[email protected]> wrote in message
            | >Subject: Re: Marilyn Churley's Adoption Bill
            | >From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]
            | >Date: 11/27/2004 10:15 AM Mountain Standard Time
            | >Message-id: <[email protected]>
            |
            | >Unless birth certificates are very different where you are, for an
            | >adoptee they are everything to do with accessing genetic information.
            | >Without it you've little chance of getting any other information.
            |
            | Bullploppy. You don't need a OBC to find your birthfamily.
            |
            | It's a civil rights issue between the state and the adoptee.
            |
            |
            | -------------------------
            | A good friend will come and bail you out of jail . . . but, a true friend
            will
            | be sitting next to you saying, "**** . . . that was fun!"
            | -----Unknown

Uhh, I didnt write the above statement.
            --
            BaD *** Me
            **My opinions might have changed but not the fact that I am right!**

Comment

| >Subject: Re: Marilyn Churley's Adoption Bill
              | >From: Robin Harritt ningué[email protected]ão.hoje.agradecimentos
              | >Date: 11/27/2004 1:35 PM Mountain Standard Time
              | >Message-id: <[email protected]>
              | >
              | >LilMtnCbn wrote:
              | >
              | >>>Subject: Re: Marilyn Churley's Adoption Bill
              | >>>From: "BaD *** Me" [email protected]
              | >>>Date: 11/27/2004 10:15 AM Mountain Standard Time
              | >>>Message-id: <[email protected]>
              | >>>
              | >>>
              | >>
              | >>
              | >>
              | >>>Unless birth certificates are very different where you are, for an
              | >>>adoptee they are everything to do with accessing genetic information.
              | >>>Without it you've little chance of getting any other information.
              | >>>
              | >>>
              | >>
              | >>Bullploppy. You don't need a OBC to find your birthfamily.
              | >>
              | >>It's a civil rights issue between the state and the adoptee.
              | >>
              | >>
              | >>
              | >>
              | >
              | >Umm...I wrote what you have quoted, I'm talking about getting your
              | >family's health history rather than looking for your birthfamily in
              | >order to make contact. If you were adopted in England, getting the
              | >details on your original birth certificate IS the first step in tracing
              | >your family's health history whether you were adopted or not, as it has
              | >your mother's maiden name if she was married and your father's details
              | >if he was named and other details. People who weren't adopted probably
              | >don't have to actually buy that certificate they'll already have all the
              | >info that is on it, or they can ask their parents. In England it does
              | >sometimes help to have your OBC, as for some people it is the only way
              | >of finding out what their birthmother's name is/was. I did not need my
              | >OBC in order to trace my family, as I already knew the name I was
              | >registered in and the name of my mother from the Adoption Order, which
              | >was given to my adoptive parents at the time of the adoption. What is
              | >on the OBC but not on the AO is the address of the hospital I was born
              | >at and the address that I was taken home to, all very useful for
              | >tracing. Adoption agencies usually want to see the OBC before they will
              | >give out any more info.
              | >
              | >
              | >Robin
              |
              | Bwwwaa! Sorry about that. The posting style is confusing me.
              |
              |
              | -------------------------
              | A good friend will come and bail you out of jail . . . but, a true friend
              will
              | be sitting next to you saying, "**** . . . that was fun!"
              | -----Unknown

Im sorry if I am making things difficult to follow. I am new at this so any
              tips on doing it 'right' are welcome. I do apologize for my ignorance with
              this.
              --
              BaD *** Me
              **My opinions might have changed but not the fact that I am right!**

Comment

BaD *** Me wrote:
                Im sorry if I am making things difficult to follow. I am new at this so anytips on doing it 'right' are welcome. I do apologize for my ignorance withthis.

You could start by changing the line wrap on your news reader from what
                is now to something more like 80 characters. For some reason you seem
                to be one level of quoting behind everyone else, you could make some
                adjustment to change that. But most of all simply delete all the
                forgoing stuff that isn't relevant to what you are saying.

Robin

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X