feel I do need to sort out my feelings on this somehow. Thanks for
    listening.

--
    Mike D.

www.stopassaultnow.net

Remove .spamnot to respond by email

---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.789 / Virus Database: 534 - Release Date: 11/7/2004

confusion

>Subject: confusion
    Thanks forlistening.--Mike D.
    Hi Mike. Haven't seen the movie but will keep an eye out for it. Hope you are
    able to sort things out. For me, once I searched and successfully found my
    history I felt at peace but everyone is different. Also, it took a lot of
    time, patience, perseverance, and stress. Thanks for writing. Hope you are
    able to sort things out. Kathy J, 1956 adoptee

Comment

confusion

>Subject: confusion
      From: "Mike Dobony" [email protected]Date: 11/14/2004 7:51 PM Mountain Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>I was adopted as soon as I was born.
      Hi Mike!

Then I discovered that I
      was in fact adopted. I though I had put the issue to rest years ago until Irented a movie called Antwone Fisher. I nearly lost it when Antwone foundhis father's family and the greeting that he received.
      Yeah, I've seen it 3 times, and I still have to pull out the hankies.

I can't even
      identify those feelings. I don't know what they are. Envy is apossibility, but I am not sure.
      Before I reunited, whenever I saw an adoptee on a TV talk show *****ing about
      their reunions, I'd yell "Hey Dumbass! Do you know how lucky you are? At
      least you KNOW!"

We all feel differently, and it's all perfectly normal.
      I'm not sure what to do.
      <snip>
      I don't know what I am looking for even. Maybe just need to talkabout it or I don't know what. I don't know what else to say or what to askor anything else. I am open to thoughts, comments, suggestions. I willprobably rent the movie again after Thanksgiving. It's a good movie, but Ifeel I do need to sort out my feelings on this somehow. Thanks forlistening.--Mike D.
      Search and reunion is a big journey. You'll never be able to predict how it
      will turn out. For me, it was definitely worthwhile, although there was a lot
      of angst involved.

I have to add that posting here helped me sort out a lot of my feelings, and
      understand points of view from other sides of the triad.

Welcome and good luck, whatever you decide to do!

-------------------------
      A good friend will come and bail you out of jail . . . but, a true friend will
      be sitting next to you saying, "**** . . . that was fun!"
      -----Unknown

Comment

confusion

Welcome to the club. It sounds like you have a fair bit of information
        already. If you decide to find out the who, what and where I expect there
        are more than a few here who can guide you. Just remember that what you find
        may not be what you expected or even want. To search or not to search is a
        very personal decision. Good luck.

Raymond

"Mike Dobony" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected]
        I was adopted as soon as I was born. The arrangements were made months ahead of my birth. I went home from the hospital with my adoptive parents, both of whom are now deceased. I knew when I was very young that I was adopted, but then I was told I was not adopted. Then when I went to get married I could not get my birth certificate. I knew what hospital I was born at and went to the city hall to get my birth certificate. They sent me to the hospital. No such person born that day. Then I discovered that I was in fact adopted. I though I had put the issue to rest years ago until I rented a movie called Antwone Fisher. I nearly lost it when Antwone found his father's family and the greeting that he received. I can't even identify those feelings. I don't know what they are. Envy is a possibility, but I am not sure. I'm not sure what to do. I have been listed in a web service somewhere with my date and place of birth, but have not really pursued the issue beyond that. I don't even recall the password to get access to my information! I would have to hunt to find the site even! I don't know what I am looking for even. Maybe just need to talk about it or I don't know what. I don't know what else to say or what to ask or anything else. I am open to thoughts, comments, suggestions. I will probably rent the movie again after Thanksgiving. It's a good movie, but I feel I do need to sort out my feelings on this somehow. Thanks for listening. -- Mike D. www.stopassaultnow.net Remove .spamnot to respond by email --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.789 / Virus Database: 534 - Release Date: 11/7/2004

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X