X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.childrentochildren.org

For the price of a large pizza, you can provide a duffel bag to a child in
    foster care.

Most foster children move their meager belongings from home to home in plastic
    trash bags. For a $15.00 donation, you can purchase a discounted duffel e-bag
    that will be given to a foster child. Makenzie Snyder's organization will even
    include a small stuffed animal or toy with each bag. It will show some foster
    child that someone actually cares about them.

Please visit Makenzie's website before Thanksgiving, and brighten the holidays
    for a foster child.

www.childrentochildren.org

Dad

Subject: Re: www.childrentochildren.org
    Date: 11/8/2004 10:37 AM Eastern Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: www.childrentochildren.orgFrom: [email protected] (Fern5827)Date: 11/8/2004 9:28 AM Eastern Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>So why aren't subsidized guardianships being made available tokin who would raise the children?
    I dunno. I didn't notice any agenda being advanced on Makenzie Snyder's
    website, other than an opportunity to provide a duffel bag and a stuffed animal
    to a foster child.

So children wouldn't suffer the trauma of needless and endless removals?
    I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony. Until then, what
    would you do if I sang out of tune? Would you stand up and walk out on me?
    It just makes sense.
    Presented with an opportunity to help an old lady cross the street,
    Johnny-One-Note launches into a diatribe about traffic congestion, the internal
    combustion engine, global warming, etc ad nauseum.

Refusing to call 911 after said old lady gets run over by a truck, Johnny
    continues to lecture anyone within earshot about medical malpractice, cellular
    phone deregulation, and improperly trained EMTs.
    Foster care was grown into a 20B dollar a year industry by governmentinaction and delay.
    Some people can't see the trees for the forrest. Hello, anybody home?
    Well, it appears the 40 year old social experiment may be winding down.Foster care, by strangers, that is.
    Great news! Until then, perhaps you could request that your duffel bag be
    donated to a foster child in kinship care. Thanks for caring.

Dad

Comment

>
      Subject: Re: www.childrentochildren.orgFrom: [email protected] (AdoptaDad)Date: 11/8/2004 10:37 AM Eastern Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>
      Subject: Re: www.childrentochildren.orgFrom: [email protected] (Fern5827)Date: 11/8/2004 9:28 AM Eastern Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>So why aren't subsidized guardianships being made available tokin who would raise the children?
      I dunno. I didn't notice any agenda being advanced on Makenzie Snyder'swebsite, other than an opportunity to provide a duffel bag and a stuffedanimalto a foster child.www.childrentochildren.org
      So children wouldn't suffer the trauma of needless and endless removals?
      I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony. Until then, whatwould you do if I sang out of tune? Would you stand up and walk out on me?
      It just makes sense.
      Presented with an opportunity to help an old lady cross the street,Johnny-One-Note launches into a diatribe about traffic congestion, theinternalcombustion engine, global warming, etc ad nauseum. Refusing to call 911 after said old lady gets run over by a truck, Johnnycontinues to lecture anyone within earshot about medical malpractice,cellularphone deregulation, and improperly trained EMTs.
      Foster care was grown into a 20B dollar a year industry by governmentinaction and delay.
      Some people can't see the trees for the forrest. Hello, anybody home?
      Well, it appears the 40 year old social experiment may be winding down.Foster care, by strangers, that is.
      Great news! Until then, perhaps you could request that your duffel bag bedonated to a foster child in kinship care. Thanks for caring.Dad
      Or, perhaps, to a little girl in government care because her biological family
      won't permit her to be adopted or make the effort to care for her themselves.

J.
      Back from a too-brief vacation and way behind in his reading.

Reply to jmhjmd at aol.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X