This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do about this situation? Michigan

I do latchkey before and after school (started this year), and have been teaching karate for 6 years. Over the summer the program had me teach Karate however did not disclose as to when I should discontinue, even included my martial arts background in my instructor profile. A few days ago student was showing me some karate moves he'd learned from another instructor outside of the program and i corrected him. He in turn performed the move on another instructor 'Jamie' the was told to our area manager by another instructor 'Casey'. the story was given to the A.M. that I was teaching a bunch of students karate and had been told to discontinue teaching prior and because the child 'learned' the move from me i have been suspend. however it was not reported by Jamie and the A.M. is going by what she has heard from Casey. I only found this out because Jamie didn't know anything about this until i informed her that I'd been suspended. I've also noticed since Casey started a month ago Casey has been keeping constant tab on literally everything I do. Ive talked to my A.m. about it and Casey but nothing came of it. If I am terminated is there any legal recourse I could take?

p.s. Casey has bragged since her first day about working with the a.m previously however both were terminated from those positions for undisclosed reasons and that's the only thing she wont talk about

No, if you are terminated it may or may not be unfair but it would not be a wrongful (illegal) termination. You would most likely be eligible for unemployment. That's about it.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Based on what you posted, this would not be a wrongful/illegal termination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will

http://employeeissues.com/wrongful_termination.htm
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X