X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    The "state" makes the final decision whether you would get UI after a review of all information. I can't say what their decision would be. Good luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• 321gone
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Betty.

I guess I just know that getting fired is coming and was wondering if being written up with trumped up and outright bs accusations (which I had to sign) would keep me from at least getting unemployment compensation in the event I cannot secure another job quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Based on what you posted, nothing illegal has been done by your employer so far.

Leave a comment:

• 321gone
    replied
    Wrote up in Louisville

Ok, I'm not terminated just yet, but I know it's coming probably within a week or two because I just got "written up" for the second time (in this company, 3rd time and you are out - and the write up is always bs, they use it specifically so they don't have to pay unemployment ins)

I've been here over 3 years, never late, never even missed one day - but I got wrote up twice in the last 2 months for some really blown out of proportion clerical errors that I made - I know whats coming because I've seen it happen at least 3 times already.

Basically, things are slow, I'm a supervisor, they want me out and they do not want to pay the additional unemployment ins. Hence, the purpose of getting "written up".

Any advice on what I should do at this point?

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Your quote: "I said whatever, I'll see you in court."

I agree with Patty, nothing illegal here & no case. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    This is poor people management and your boss being rude and unprofessional. It is not illegal harrassment or wrongful termination.

http://www.kcba.org/ScriptContent/KC...harassment.cfm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_dismissal

This will never get to court, except to get thrown out.

Leave a comment:

• Wrongful Termination- Retaliation Kentucky Kentucky

My name is Ryan. I was working at a hotel as a Banquets Supervisor since May of 2009. Yesterday (February 23, 2010) I was fired over hearsay. What had happened was, Friday the 19th of Feb. my boss and I had a talk that turned into him telling me shut my mouth, and if I didn't like working there that i could quit at any time. He explained he didn't give a sh...t what I thought (excuse the language it was verbatim) or any of my opinions. He told me that from then on he wanted me to just say "yes, sir" and do whatever he told me to. The reason he told me that is because I had been told that I was going to have to work in a different department the next day, my response to that was a sigh and body language of disapproval, which led to him going off on me.
    The next day I went in at 5 a.m. as scheduled; he came to the room I was in and called me and another Supervisor to his office. Once in the office he said "Last night, after our little talk, I heard you went outside in the smoking area and said we were M...F...er's; so you are suspended. You can go home until someone from HR calls you." I responded, "You talked to me like a dog, and I'm suspended? How can you even prove this?" He said, "Oh, I will prove it, don't you worry I got you" So, I left. Tuesday February 23, 2010 I went in to plead my case to HR. The HR director listened to my side of the story, and left to go get this Boss. She returned with him and called me into her office; the first thing she said is "based on what we know we're letting you go." I said whatever, I'll see you in court. What do I do? This has happened almost exactly like this to 3 other employees, yet they weren't fired, only I was. This boss has got away with this several times, including retaliation on me about 5 months ago for going above his head.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X