Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

wrongful termination reporting OSHA violations

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wrongful termination reporting OSHA violations

    I was suddenly fired after 12 years of service and having just received a very positive performance evaluation and pay raise. It was well known within my department that I was vocal about OSHA violations and was in the process of filing a complaint. Do I have any grounds for wrong termination?

  • #2
    You cannot be retaliated against for filing an OSHA violation complaint.

    If you believe you were: Complaints about retaliation can be filed with OSHA in a face-to-face conversation or by telephone, but it is much safer to file by certified mail (return receipt requested), because you will then have a record that the complaint was received by the agency. Your complaint should be a brief letter, with a statement of who your employer is, what OSHA right you exercised before your employer retaliated against you, what your employer did to you, and when you discovered (or suspected) your employer was retaliating against you.

    Had you already filed the OSHA violation complaint or did you mean by in the process you were getting ready to file a complaint?

    You should have furnished us the name of your state.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    • #3
      You have a limit of 30 days to file for discrimination for filing an OSHA complaint-beginning with the time of the disparate treatment which in this case is the termination.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.