This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breach of contract California

I am an RN worked in a Hospital. I get through the hospital through an agency. Agency had signed me different documents. In one of the document there was a clause saying "If employment is terminated within Nurse's first 18 months of employment, the full amount is due and payable". I entered into the employment on Aug 2006 and I was terminated on April 2007. Saying that I am not understanding English. Now the hospital is filed a case against me saying that I break the contract so they mentioned in their file suit that "if your employment was terminated within the first 18 months, for any reason, including unsatisfactory job performance, I have to owe the amount to the hospital." Still I am working as an RN in another Nursing facility. I need to know can I go for a case against them.
    The hospital need to get the money from us
    Last edited by andrew71; 05-12-2008, 07:41 PM.

What are they wanting you to pay back?

If they are suing you, you need a lawyer.

Comment

Your post isn't quite clear. What are they suing you for - what is due & payable since employment terminated within first 18 months of employment?

What kind of a case do you believe you have against them (what kind of case do you want to bring against them)?

I do believe you are going to need an attorney's assistance.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I'm guessing the contract required the OP to work there for 18 months or pay back the fees that were paid to the agency when he was hired. Is that the case?
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X