This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrongful termination? Florida

I will try to keep this simple. I started with a new job. 6 weeks into the job I was requested to do a job that was quite physical and injured or I should say reinjured discs in my neck. I did not have health insurance yet, and I did injure myself on the job so I went to the doctor and filed workers comp. I also reported to appropriate people. The person in charge of safety called me. Very aggitated, with me and implicaticating that I did this on purpose. That I purposely did not tell my boss of a previous injury.I explained to him that no one was keeping anything from anyone. I was simple trying to do my job. He called back three days latter with same conversations, very intimidating tone. My boss showed up the next day. He ask how I was doing, I said it was nice that some actually asked about me instead of the nasty call from safety. Ok, my 90 day probation was just about to come up. I get a call from the VP of stores. He said my employment was no longer needed. I asked him why, he said 90 day probation. He said it was in the best interest of everyone. I was shocked. I was doing my job. No issues, just so you know that. It is clear tome, that be3cause I filed workers comp, I am therefore no longer needed. Now I am left without a job with a physical problem that is still being addressed. I know Florida is "at will" and there is a 90 day probation period, but to me this is clearly a case of wrongful termination because of injury. Is there a case, what should I do if anything?

This could be tricky. You had a prexisting injury you failed to tell anyone about and you were on probation. You might consult with an Attorney on this one.
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

I agree - tricky & would consult attorney . Injured on the job, during probation period, but was a reinjury of a previous pre-existing injury.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X