This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga- Penities to Employer about W/C

Are there penites $$ or fines that can be applied to the employer about how they did not handle a accident at work? Example - Employer said they filed workers comp but they did not, I had to after $10,000 in bills piled up.

Your employer not filing wouldn't have anything to do with you having to pay out the bills themselves. After the first bill came back rejected, did you call your employer to find out why the paperwork wasn't sent in to the carrier? If they refused to do so, you would file your claim with the state WC Commission. It gets adjudicated from there if there is a dispute.

There may be penalties assessed if the employer does not file the claim appropriately, but those fines would go to the state, not you.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

I don't want the fines but I do not want the employer to do this to anyone else. I had to hire a lawyer to get the company to pay my bills and we filed worker comp after the company said they did and nothing was done. They have been dragging their feet on everything and canceling doctors appoints on the day of the visit.

Comment

How is your employer cancelling doctor's appointments? That just doesn't make sense. The provider may cancel or reschedule but your employer wouldn't be involved in that.

If you have a lawyer involved, I would be directing those questions there. It's what you are paying the lawyer for.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X