Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

TN : Can supervisor do this?

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TN : Can supervisor do this?

    I fell while on the job on Feb 27. I was on restrictions and out of work until I was released without restrictions on March 31. I injured the same foot on April 19, the doctor believes it was a reinjury due to the first injury not being completly healed. It took them almost a week to get me into the doctor and now I have been placed on the same restrictions as the first injury until May 5. I am willing to work, but my employer has a policy of not allowing light duty. I was told if you need light duty you can not come back to work. When I called my supervisor this morning to let him know what was going on he yelled, and said he was going to go to the warden (I work at a prison) about moving my post. Now for a little background. I have held my post for 5 years without moving, I have glowing evaluations, and no disiplinaries in my record. If he moves my post I will be on another shift and with other days off. The doctor said my foot will heal, It just needs some more time, I would be willing to work at a post temporarily where I could sit, but he won't do that. Can he do this? What should I do?

  • #2
    Some employers do not offer light duty and they do not have to. If moving your post will allow you to return and will not affect your healing, then they may do that.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.