This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NH, fraudulant claim with workers comp

I had just found out a person I know who frauded workers comp. He won his compensation.
    During the time he was being investigated he was working on a few job sites with no problem, he was never caught. I am thinking of turning him in. i Have plenty of wittnesses to contest that they saw him working while he was scammimg the system. What could happen to this guy?

If he is found to have received benefits fraudulently, he could be required to repay them.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I know someone who scamming workers comp

And can he go to jail? The reason Im so upset with this man is because I have friends who are contractors and my father is two and they are always complaining about paying to much into workers comp.

Comment

It is quite unlikely that he would go to jail.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

thank you for your help

Comment

The penalties are set by the state and vary tremendously. In my state, yes, fraud is a free pass to jail. Up until about a year ago, it was unheard of in my state to much of anything with fraud cases aside from make them repay.

You can report fraud to your state WC Commission, or the employer/insurer. In my state you can get in major trouble for not reporting fraud. I didn't see anything in my breif glance through the NH site on that, but it is the right thing to do.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD
              The penalties are set by the state and vary tremendously. In my state, yes, fraud is a free pass to jail. Up until about a year ago, it was unheard of in my state to much of anything with fraud cases aside from make them repay.

You can report fraud to your state WC Commission, or the employer/insurer. In my state you can get in major trouble for not reporting fraud. I didn't see anything in my breif glance through the NH site on that, but it is the right thing to do.
              I certainly will Thankyou

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X