This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• receive time loss payments & pay for time taken as vacation

I work for a City in the State of WA. I found information on an L&I website (25.40.40.b) that explains that "an employee is prohibited from receiving time loss payment and regular salary or wages during the period covered by the disability. Regular salary or wages include sick leave, but exclude other paid leave".

(25.40.40.c) "An employee can elect to receive both time loss payments and pay for time taken as: *Vacation leave, *Compensatory time, *exchange time and Holidays."

(25.40.40.c) "An employee is entitled to both payments for the same time period without any deductions for the time loss payments".

Up until this point I have been using sick leave and handing my L&I checks over to the City to buy back a portion of my sick leave. I am now out of sick leave and need to start using my vacation leave. My employer is saying they don't think I can do this. If I'm misinterpreting something and not able to do it this way that is fine. On the other hand, if I'm entitled to do it this way I would like to.
    Last edited by hardwork; 04-10-2006, 06:02 PM.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X