X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck driver injured out of state HELP

Hi all,

I am a truck driver who lives in Florida, was hired at my company's terminal in PA. and was injured in Wyoming. My employers WC denied my claim and now I need a lawyer. What state do I need to contact one in? Wyoming WC is state run. But I have been turned down by a private insurer for my company.

You would file where your employer is based. The exception to the rule is if you are sent on a long term assignment to another state. If you just happen to pass through, it doesn't change.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

I had was an OTR Driver for 12 years, was injured in New York, I lived in Los Angles at the time, and company was based out of Arizona, after going to court found out the law is..... the courts where you reside have juristiction on the case

Comment

being told different

I am being told since I signed a paper at my hire location in PA that I agreed to follow the comp laws of Iowa. I have found an attorney in Iowa and am now in the waiting stage. By the way the W/C for company denied my claim and I have now had thoracic surgery after losing my bladder and bowel control. GO FIGURE!!!!!

Comment

Iowa? You never mentioned Iowa before. WC goes by where you are based out of. If you essentially work for yourself, and just receive your paycheck from the home office in another state, you would file where you live as that is essentially your work location. With folks who travel for a living it can get complicated. If you are still working out of the main office, where you own a home isn't relevant as many folks either own multiple residences or live in one state but work in another.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X