Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

w/c ?

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • w/c ?

    I live in philadelphia pa and work for a university was injured on the job in 2003 have been on and off working recently had back surgery in 2006 my question is a two part 1.can my employer fire me or close my position 2.does the employer have to find you another job within the company,and how long can i stay on w/c.thanks a bunch (rmv)

  • #2
    1. They can not fire for filing WC, but they can for any other reason, including that you are out of leave or that they wish to close the position.

    2. Your right to reinstatement if they do close the position is no greater or less than for any other employee who meets the same fate. WC isn't the same as unemployment. You may stay on only as long as you are still disabled from your injury.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.