This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help in fl

i was hurt on the job . the trusses we had put up fell it was eather junp or get pinned under them. i fell and broke both of my feet and ruptred a disc in my back also . went to all Dr appt. along with my worker comp case manager. she went to all appts. we were advised not to get a lawyer. by the staffing place i worked out off. they did the payroll for my boss. i had been working with him for 9 years( and 4 years ago he went thru them to get workers comp for us and to get his tax straghten out any way) . now they telll me they are not going to settle with me. i still have back pain and numnis in my feet and the Dr. don't know why.i have been mmi by one dr and the back dr adv me i can go back at any time in the yr to see him but they have to approve it and we will have a $10. co-pay . is this right and if not what do we do.

You should not have a co-pay under WC. If you want to get a lawyer, you may legally do so. In fact, I would recommend it.

I'm not a doctor and you have a case manager and a regular provider so I can't comment on your medical condition. Your treatment and prognosis is something you need to discuss with them. It is normal to have the appointments i nthe future approved by the carrier. It is not unlike getting treatment pre-approved from your regular insurance company.

It may be too soon to discuss settling your case, and if you are currently in treatment and experiencing problems, it is probably not the best way to go. This is soemthing that really needs to be addressed by someone with all the facts in front of them though, not someone on a bulletin board.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X