This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wc case from old job

Hi, i received a back injury while on the job last year and as a result went on workers compensation, i had to be out from work for about 3 months, i later left that job and started with a new company, i am currently experiencing the same problems that had me out from work at my previous employer, am i still covered under workers com from my previos employer, if i have to be out from work again, will my wages be covered, can my present employer that i have been with a little over 6 months fire me if i have to be out. I am in New York, thanks.

arima, you need to contact the WC insurance carrier that handled your claim, report your situation, and ask them about the status of your claim. No one here can possibly know whether your claim was closed and settled or not.

Comment

I agree with contacting the carrier. If it is related to your prior injury and there is no settlement it will be covered.

Your time off with your new employer isn't protected by law, however, at this point you don't know you will be taken off work or that your employer will terminate you for being out.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X