This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workmans comp and disability laws

What are the labor law rules on workmans comp and disability and an employee goes out on either one how long does the employer have to pay for the medical benefits?

You can find answers to your questions at http://www.edd.ca.gov/direp/diind.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy
      What are the labor law rules on workmans comp and disability and an employee goes out on either one how long does the employer have to pay for the medical benefits?
      QUESTIONS? i'm getting workers comp currently however i recently went to see a court ordered doctor to get an impairment rating i'm not sure what thats means but someone told me that i would get x amount of dollars for this impairment rating is this true and can you explain to me what the impairment rating means to me

Comment

workmens comp

Originally posted by IVIE BELL
        QUESTIONS? i'm getting workers comp currently however i recently went to see a court ordered doctor to get an impairment rating i'm not sure what thats means but someone told me that i would get x amount of dollars for this impairment rating is this true and can you explain to me what the impairment rating means to me

The rating system is complex.* Determining the amount of money the injured worker is entitled to may require legal assistance. It will be individualized for your particluar case and when the pecentage of your impairment has been determined, that will determine the amount you will receive.
        NOTE:
        When injured you are required to receive medical care from doctors authorized by the employer.* If you go to your own doctor you will pay for the care.* If the employer doesn't clearly provide a notice of what clinic you are to receive treatment at, you can go to your own doctor until the employer later directs you to a medical provider.* There are procedures for 2nd opinions to see doctors other than required by the employer.
        Sue
        FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X