This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ny workers comp

I found out that as a one-officer corporation holding 100% of shares and having no employees I could file the affidavit. Although i do not have payroll i do sometimes hire an independant contractror. Do i need to get workers comp in this case? what if the IC does have his workers comp? what if he doesn't.
    Thank you

Workers Comp differs from state to state, so if you could tell us what state you are from, we could possibly answer your question
    Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

Ny

Company is based in New York

Comment

I do believe, you have to carry workers comp even if it is just you. I would suggest you contact New York at 518-457-9000 and ask the question to be sure.
        Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X