Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Terminated after W/C claim filed , Tennessee

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Terminated after W/C claim filed , Tennessee


    I am a medical professional injured on the job. I had only been there 5 1/2 months. I was put on light duty and the employer states that can't accomendate me. About 2 weeks after I filed my claim I received a call from Human resources and was informed that as of that day I was being terminated as I was not eligible for leave because I had not completed my 6 months probation. However I am receiving W/C payments. ( I had earned short term disabilty leave and I also had about 80+hours of PTO on record.)
    The employer would not allow me to use this earned leave.

    I am being treated for tendenitis of R shoulder ( Possible partial tear)an injury received while trying to move a patient ( 450lbs+) from stretcher to bed . It was also recently discovered that I have developed a hernia and had some major side effects of the medication I was on . I can't take any of the prescribed pain meds because of the ulcers in my stomach secondary to the meds I was on and the reflux caused by the hernia. What a mess !

    Please advise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks GOD BLESS

  • #2
    I addressed your termination issue in the other forum in which you posted it. Do you have other questions? If so, please keep all your questions in one thread to assist the responders here. Thank you.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.