This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN - Workers Comp Due to Stress?

Sorry - I continued on original thread but realized should have posted new thread under this heading. I apologize in advance for duplication.

Wanting to make sure I cover all bases on this situation before I no longer have time/energy due to new employment...I understand there is a California law on the books stating that employees whose stress resulting in requirement of therapy/leave (paid or unpaid) could be entitled to WC claim if the said stress resulted at least 50% due to stress in the workplace.

Any idea of WC laws of this nature protecting TN employees?

TIA for any advice/direction you can give on this.

Don't know if there's anything specific but you can always file a claim and see what happens. Just be aware that in any state, even CA, stress claims are VERY difficult to get through workers comp.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X