This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied workmans Comp

In October 2005 I had a rash on my arm from working with Greasy Fabric at work, my employer sent me to the Dermatologist, after that I was called into the office and told the rash was from stress and in the state of missouri new regulations relieves employers of any responsibility of stress related injuries.
    I had got this outbreak 2 years ago before, the company covered it in 2003.

The rash is mostly cleared up and my insurance took care of it only costing me $20.00 co-pay so far.

Is their any actions i should take like contacting workmans comp or the insurance company?
    David / UAW

You are free to file a claim with workers comp. However, if your insurance has already paid for it, you must have at some point indicated that it was NOT work related - if there were any indication in your claim that it were work related, your insurance would not have paid. Therefore, either the claim will be denied by workers comp in the basis that you've already indicated it was not work related, or the insurance carrier will require that they be reimbursed for what they paid out.

It's up to you if you want to start down that path or not.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X