X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LConnell
    replied
    Workers Compensation - Nebraska

my name is laura i work in a bakery and about 6 weeks ago i slipped and did some minor damage to my knee. My compensation has been pretty great so far with me but i still have a few questions about it such as....

when i slipped i slipped on a wet floor our slip poof mats were not lay on the floor is this grounds for a law suit? No, as workers compensation protects and employee AND an employer (from lawsuits). On the other hand, if it the negligence was caused by a third party, it could be that the 1) the claim can be shifted toward them by the insurer, and/or that you can pursue that third company for negligence. I doubt that is the case with you, however, as my guess is that someone who works for the company forgot to lay the slip mats down.

and i also work 2 jobs and i miss any where from 6-8 hours at just 1 job from doctors appointmentsthat have valid excuses.... should they be paying me for the time i miss at my 2nd job as well as there? No, there is no obligation to do so.

and also my 2nd job knows i am on a workmans compensation claim and i have a modified work release and my 2nd job let face it isnt as physical as the 1st i work as a telemarketer basically sitting on my butt calling people and buggin the day lights out of them ... i handed in my modified work release to my supervisor and one day told her i was in alo9t of pain and asked if i could go home she told me i couldnt now my work release stated "is able to return to work for 5 days with use of knee imobalzer and said that i could work on it as long as i felt i was able to!" well being in pain i wanted to go home and my supervisor told me i could NOT GO HOME..... CAN SHE DO THAT???????? Yes, she can.

Leave a comment:

• kisses4all
    started a topic Work Mans Comp. in Nebraska

Work Mans Comp. in Nebraska

my name is laura i work in a bakery and about 6 weeks ago i slipped and did some minor damage to my knee. My compensation has been pretty great so far with me but i still have a few questions about it such as....

when i slipped i slipped on a wet floor our slip poof mats were not lay on the floor is this grounds for a law suit?

and i also work 2 jobs and i miss any where from 6-8 hours at just 1 job from doctors appointmentsthat have valid excuses.... should they be paying me for the time i miss at my 2nd job as well as there?

and also my 2nd job knows i am on a workmans compensation claim and i have a modified work release and my 2nd job let face it isnt as physical as the 1st i work as a telemarketer basically sitting on my butt calling people and buggin the day lights out of them ... i handed in my modified work release to my supervisor and one day told her i was in alo9t of pain and asked if i could go home she told me i couldnt now my work release stated "is able to return to work for 5 days with use of knee imobalzer and said that i could work on it as long as i felt i was able to!" well being in pain i wanted to go home and my supervisor told me i could NOT GO HOME..... CAN SHE DO THAT????????
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X