This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Mans Comp. in Nebraska

my name is laura i work in a bakery and about 6 weeks ago i slipped and did some minor damage to my knee. My compensation has been pretty great so far with me but i still have a few questions about it such as....

when i slipped i slipped on a wet floor our slip poof mats were not lay on the floor is this grounds for a law suit?

and i also work 2 jobs and i miss any where from 6-8 hours at just 1 job from doctors appointmentsthat have valid excuses.... should they be paying me for the time i miss at my 2nd job as well as there?

and also my 2nd job knows i am on a workmans compensation claim and i have a modified work release and my 2nd job let face it isnt as physical as the 1st i work as a telemarketer basically sitting on my butt calling people and buggin the day lights out of them ... i handed in my modified work release to my supervisor and one day told her i was in alo9t of pain and asked if i could go home she told me i couldnt now my work release stated "is able to return to work for 5 days with use of knee imobalzer and said that i could work on it as long as i felt i was able to!" well being in pain i wanted to go home and my supervisor told me i could NOT GO HOME..... CAN SHE DO THAT????????

Workers Compensation - Nebraska

my name is laura i work in a bakery and about 6 weeks ago i slipped and did some minor damage to my knee. My compensation has been pretty great so far with me but i still have a few questions about it such as....

when i slipped i slipped on a wet floor our slip poof mats were not lay on the floor is this grounds for a law suit? No, as workers compensation protects and employee AND an employer (from lawsuits). On the other hand, if it the negligence was caused by a third party, it could be that the 1) the claim can be shifted toward them by the insurer, and/or that you can pursue that third company for negligence. I doubt that is the case with you, however, as my guess is that someone who works for the company forgot to lay the slip mats down.

and i also work 2 jobs and i miss any where from 6-8 hours at just 1 job from doctors appointmentsthat have valid excuses.... should they be paying me for the time i miss at my 2nd job as well as there? No, there is no obligation to do so.

and also my 2nd job knows i am on a workmans compensation claim and i have a modified work release and my 2nd job let face it isnt as physical as the 1st i work as a telemarketer basically sitting on my butt calling people and buggin the day lights out of them ... i handed in my modified work release to my supervisor and one day told her i was in alo9t of pain and asked if i could go home she told me i couldnt now my work release stated "is able to return to work for 5 days with use of knee imobalzer and said that i could work on it as long as i felt i was able to!" well being in pain i wanted to go home and my supervisor told me i could NOT GO HOME..... CAN SHE DO THAT???????? Yes, she can.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X