Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

employer changed work resrictions

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • employer changed work resrictions

    I was to return to work on Monday. Well now the employer says his manager was wrong in saying my job was still open and she had no right saying that it was. I had worked for him for a mth. with resrictions and then my Dr. pulled me from the job.I have been off for 8 mths. The owner is out of town alot and it is very hard for him to get a hold of. If the manager knew that my job was still open, how can he say it was filled? This is just his way of not hiring me back. Do I have a right to sue? Do I have any ground to stand on? I know he has got all the paper work from his insurance, because I have worked closely with his insurance comp. to get me back to work.I was a good employee.Never took off work, always on time. Never caused any problems.I was so looking forward to going back to work.Now I have nothing. I guess I'm writing because I'm so hurt and just angry.But, really do I have the right to sue or not?

  • #2
    But, really do I have the right to sue or not? No. You cannot sue in a worker's compensation situation.

    Under federal leave laws, your employer did not have to hold your job open for more than 12 weeks. Under your State's worker's compensation laws, you may be entitled to certain benefits if the employer was unable to reinstate you to work but there is no way to assess those here. You may wish to speak with a WC attorney or contact your State's WC Division.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.