Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Workmens Comp shared with each employer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Workmens Comp shared with each employer?

Work for the city of Dallas and was injuried at one time were I was off two months. I have been back to work over 6 months now after being paid a lump sum and rated 10% disibility. Now I have gotten hired by the city of Atlanta who has the same Workmens comp insurance. Will that cause a problem? Am I in the system? and would Atlanta fire me as soon as that information hits the surface??

It is illegal, I do believe, for an employer to fire you simply because you had a work comp claim in the past. I'm sure Beth or cbg will correct me later if I'm wrong.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

First of all, there is no "system" in which an employer can check to see whether an employee ever filed a workers comp claim with another employer. Doesn't matter if they use the same carrier or not.

Secondly, Patty is correct.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thank you for that input. However, if they do have the same carrier and I get re-injuried again, God forbid, will it go back on Dallas or Atlanta? Or be denied.

Comment

That depends entirely on the circumstances of your injury (how and why it happened), whether your prior claim has been closed by that time, and what your State's WC reg's dictate. This isn't a question that can be answered in the hypothetical.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X