This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused in Georgia, demoted??!!

Injured on the job, Sept 5th. Badly broken right hand (yes, I'm right handed). Was a dual site store manager, demoted to one store then transferred to a smaller store with no chance of bonus. Boss put on transfer sheet, "moved to slower store due to workers comp". Has instructed all other managers that no one is allowed to help me with groceries or to get ready for inspections. Pay has been cut, I've lost my bonus from 2 good stores, and was just informed that I am looking at a couple more months in a cast due to a reinjury trying to put up groceries by myself. Not to mention the frustration of trying to be left handed for over 2 months now. My thumb is in the cast so I have almost NO use of my right hand. Is this legal? Can they do this? I'm on light duty "while in a cast" and my boss keeps telling me to figure it out. I feel like they are trying to make me quit. What do I do from here?

Talk to a worker's compensation attorney.

BTW, if you have been transferred to a light duty job because of your injury, that is legal but you may well be entitled to partial indemnity benefits from the WC carrier depending on how much your pay has been reduced. You should contact the WC carrier to discuss that.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X