This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 mths on comp-will they settle?

I will try and make this brief.Had lower back injury in Aug. of 2004-been on comp since.Have gone to therapy 3 times/week all this time.Avoided surgery(contrary to what doctors told me) and have progressed from being able to lift 5 lbs to lifting 70 lbs-I have not reaced my maximum yet though-still getting better.Insurance company has given me NO problems whatsoever this whole time but my job will not take me back until I have "no limitations" at all.I dont believe I will reach this point though.I dont see me in therapy more than 2-3 more months.Question:is the insurance company likely to settle?If it is agreed I cannot go back to my job but I AM in some sort of working condition will they settle or just send me on my way?Pennsylvania.Any experienced opinions welcomed.Thanks.

is the insurance company likely to settle? If you are left with any degree of permanent impairment when you reach MMI, then you will be entitled to a PPD settlement.

If it is agreed I cannot go back to my job but I AM in some sort of working condition will they settle or just send me on my way? Same answer as above. If your impairment is such that you cannot return to your prior career field, then you may qualify for vocational rehabilitation.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X